No More Mobil 1 Oil?

mopar_mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching the threads and didn't find anything.

Going to change my oil which I haven't done in a long time and to my surprise I can't find any Mobil 1 0W40 any more. I can find a European version of it but don't really know if it is any different. If you put in our truck on the Mobil 1 web site for oil recommendations it says

Based on what you've told us, your vehicle manufacturer recommends a 0W-40 viscosity and oil that meets Chrysler MS-10725. We currently do not offer any motor oils in the United States that meet these specifications.

So what is everyone using, any problem with using the Euro version?

Ive been using the euro version dont see a problem. I use Mobil 1 because Ive been driving my truck alot more and change the oil out every 5k. So the price for Mobil 1 works for me versus spending 100+ for some super fancy stuff. I can get 2 5qt jugs from wally for like 23 bucks or whatever it cost.

If you were to take your truck to dodge and have them change it, they would put in Pennzoil 0w-40 if you want to go by what the dealerships use. Remember, oil companies bid to be the oil supplier for automotive manufacturers.

I just looked because I had a left over quart from last year and it was the Euro version, didn't relize that is what I got, so guess I will get it again. Oil only has 300 miles on it, LOL

been using Shell Rotella T 5W-40 syn. great oil

What's wrong with Mobil 1 10-30? Besides stating the engine holds 11 quarts - NOT! The Mobil website says this works in the Viper motors.

What's wrong with Mobil 1 10-30? Besides stating the engine holds 11 quarts - NOT! The Mobil website says this works in the Viper motors.

Our special high bleed-down lifters are in there to help the engines pass emissions by making the cam appear to be smaller at lower oil pressures (idle). The Gen III engines barely made it in 2005.

The lifters are kinda touchy about heavier viscosity oils; particularly in the colder climates as they will clatter more than normal, for longer than normal until they pump up with oil.

This is particularly true with engines that haven't been started for a few months.

The oil itself is otherwise fine.

That's what Yetti said - darn, I guess he's right again!!! :D

Thanks Ronnie :rock:

Mobil 1 10-30 grades supposedly go on sale today for $22.88 5QT jug (rollback price) according to the Walmartian clerk I spoke to the other day :D

Come to TEXAS----Mobile's home office is here in Big D. I just bought 2 each 5 qt bottles of 15x50 Mobile 1 made right here in the US of A. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back