noise from clutch

not a hemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started getting a noise coming from the clutch area (squeak) when ever engaging or disengaging , gets worse as it warm up , took it to the dealer today, any guesses on what it might be , i was thinking slave cylinder? or ?:confused:
thnaks nathan

A "squeak" isn't much to go on.......

Especially with no mileage data or pedal feel info......

But if it's while engaging or disengaging that you hear a sound, it could have something to do with the throw out bearing.... That's a true rolling sound when that bearing goes...only makes noise with the clutch pedal in...

But still very hard to diagnose with such little data....Yer dealer'll find it....

Good Luck bro...

SD

truck has 4800 miles on it, noticed the clutch engaing much later, have run it at the track like 7 times . pedal feels a little softer maybe. makes noise when ltting the pedal in and out , its louder once truck is warm .
thanks nathan

not a hemi said:
truck has 4800 miles on it, noticed the clutch engaing much later, have run it at the track like 7 times . pedal feels a little softer maybe. makes noise when ltting the pedal in and out , its louder once truck is warm .
thanks nathan

Went through the same thing twice :D Both times at 4500 miles....both times the slave unit went south.

Upgraded the second time to the Viper Master/Slave unit. :rock:

not a hemi said:
sorry 2005 ,does any one know how much the upgrade is if that is the problem

You should be able to get it fixed for free under warranty but the dealer will just put replacement OEM parts in.

If you want to not have to worry about it...would guess the Viper Master/Slave unit would probably run around $350-$400.

The best way to go is to just pick up the Centerforce clutch, Fidenza flywheel, Viper Master/Slave upgrade kit for $1,500 ;)

Of course its easy for me to spend your money :D

i would co the hole setup , but just bought a new snowmobile :burnout: not to mention im only 20 so im a little low on cash ,but i guess maybe xmas will come early:D , what is the ceterforce able to handle, i hopefully will get a sc next year,

not a hemi said:
i would co the hole setup , but just bought a new snowmobile :burnout: not to mention im only 20 so im a little low on cash ,but i guess maybe xmas will come early:D , what is the ceterforce able to handle, i hopefully will get a sc next year,

Believe the Centerforce is rated for 750hp, perfect for your future S/C setup ;)

not a hemi said:
i started getting a noise coming from the clutch area (squeak) when ever engaging or disengaging , gets worse as it warm up , took it to the dealer today, any guesses on what it might be , i was thinking slave cylinder? or ?:confused:
thnaks nathan
let us know what the dealer says/does........ thanks.

moparracing said:
i have the same noise, but it doesn't seem to be causing any problems -- clutch engages fine.........:dontknow:

Its just a matter of time...it took about 2-3 months after the noise started before the pedal feel and clutch engagement started to go on my truck.

mmmmtorque said:
Its just a matter of time...it took about 2-3 months after the noise started before the pedal feel and clutch engagement started to go on my truck.

Me too! Just take it easy on your truck in the mean time. No hard starts and no slipping of the clutch. 7 runs at the track isnt many but if you were slipping that clutch, chances are you melted the slave. Its what I did.

patrick

no word back form dealer yet , on my way to take it in getting on the e-way i kinda got on it , shifted into 4th and clutch slipped :( so, still dont know whats wrong , hope to hear from dealer tommarow , will keep you guys posted
thanks nathan

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back