Oil Filter

REOMOTORS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished the first oil change in my '06. The Mopar part number for the filter I put on is 5037836 (this filter says "Viper" on it). The part number for the filter I took off (did not saty Viper) and the part number for the filter in the Owners Manual is 5281090.

Have the numbers superceeded into the older number? If these are different filters, what are the differences?

I applogize if this has been brought up prior to my joining the group.

bro. as long as the filter went on and it sealed its ok,the motor in our truck is the same as the viper car, iam sure your o.k.

Yeah, DC uses that same filter for many of their cars and trucks. All 3 of my Dodges use the same filter, makes it a no brainer (even for some people on this site, lol)

Bone said:
Yeah, DC uses that same filter for many of their cars and trucks. All 3 of my Dodges use the same filter, makes it a no brainer (even for some people on this site, lol)

I suspected that it was the same filter as my other Dodges, but I was told the Viper engine used a unique filter. I figure it just has a different relief valve?

i used the k&n on my hemi till my motor blew from it. it came apart inside and blocked the oil flow. never use one again

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back