Ok... I'm going for it.

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda made an impulse buy over the weekend.... That'll happen. Anyway, I found a NX 100-300 HP dual nozzle kit with a 10lb bottle for under $700. Well, I've never delt with the N20 before so I am looking for a little advise or tips with the install and whatnot.

Currently, I have forged pistons and the stage 2 tune. I plan on starting off with the 100 shot so I don't blow something up. Now I know I'll have to go back to the stock tune and get colder plugs. I plan on getting an A/F gauge. Now what do I want the A/F gauge to read when just on motor, and what do I want it to read when it's on the spray? What else do I need to know before i give her hell?

What i would do is First By You a Window Switch it Starts spraying at a certian RPM and Shuts it down At A Set RPM so if your motor ever Started to run on you it'd shut down the N20... Next thing would be an A/F Gauge is a MUST....and also i would feel pretty safe running a 100 Shot on a stock motor.. i ran a 75 Shot on mine.. Sprayed it pretty hard a few times and there was no Nitrous Burns found in the motor

I agree with the air fuel gauge. Any sugestions as to which one? Also, is the bottle heater and bottle pressure gauge a must? Or can I save my $300 to go towards speeding tickets.

I don't know if it's still true but you may want to go back to your stock tune. I think I've heard that you need to pull timing when spraying. Someone confirm or deny this.

well iv got a good friend of mine his names is dave he runs nitrous daves and they have a nifty little A/F gauge now it read the A/F Ratio,Bottle Pressure,And Bottle Heater. all in one little gauge..... let me see if i can get the link

I was told that a 100 shot is nothing for the truck. it's 10 hp per cylinder. if you go 100 do a 125 fuel pill......................... wide band, and window switch. and some slicks :)

I'm runnin a 125 shot with window switch and the sct which is set to the "stock" tune but has the speed limiter, torque mgt removed for my QC. DC also sent me two other tunes with like 2 degrees and 4 degrees of timing added. I have only sprayed on the "stock" tune cause my A/F gauge isn't installed yet.
NOSIMAGE_064.jpg

only reason i kept a 100 sdhot was cause i was still running stock Spark plugs. and i ran mky hemi pretty hard with a 150 shot and didn't want to tear up my red truck like that lol

My favortie Nos quote of all time....

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences"

LOL

Sounds fun Jimmy, good luck dude.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
My favortie Nos quote of all time....

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences"

LOL

Sounds fun Jimmy, good luck dude.

patrick

True. And just like a hot chick with an STD, I should be alright if I use the propper protection. Speaking of which, where can I find a wideband A/F guage under $200??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back