P0320 Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hirdlej, Sep 4, 2021.

Car Parts
  1. hirdlej

hirdlej New Member

Looking for some ideas, thoughts or suggestions. My 2004 Ram SRT10 has only 3600 miles on it now. I've slowly been nursing it back to 100 percent over the course of the last few months as time allows. New tires, all new fluids throughout, brake and clutch fluids flushed, it drives great. However.... Ever since I've had it, it always has had an intermittent starting issue. If the truck sits for any period of time longer than a few hours, you have to turn the key twice to prime the pump before starting. If you even go to put a pressure guage on the fuel rail, there won't be gas or pressure even after a few hours. It'll be bone dry, not a drop. I realize it needs a new fuel pump to fix this issue, but I want to drive it a bit yet to see if the problem works its way out with some use. Part 2 of this novella, 2 times now, when the truck has failed to start on its first attempt, it has set a P0320 code that pertains to the crank sensor - no signal. I have replaced the sensor with a new one a month ago and 200 miles ago and the problem happened again tonight. The truck started right up on the 2nd attempt but the light was there. The battery in the truck is from 2019 but cranks strong. The truck has no other mods other than a cold air intake. That being said, should I try doing a full reset with disconnecting and touching the battery cables together? Reseat the ECM cables? Where would you guys start? Or does the truck not having immediate fuel and not starting set this light? Sorry for the novella but I'm just trying to be thorough with my post.

2. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

Sorry to hear about your issues. If you need a fuel pump, the issue will not fix itself, and will only get worst. I would replace the fuel pump before your truck leaves you stranded somewhere. After that’s done I would do a full reset and go from there.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  3. CaptnCrash

CaptnCrash Full Access Member

Could also be stuck / leaky injectors. That's pretty low mileage for an '04. Before you do a fuel pump, I'd pull the injectors and have them cleaned / flowed. Maybe flush the fuel system as well.

4. hirdlej

hirdlej New Member

I'm working on that right now. I tossed in 3 cans of seafoam and running that out. I have half a tank to go yet. I'll then put some fresh gas in and if that doesn't fix it, pull the injectors and send them off to get cleaned and flowed. Also since I have a lifetime warranty on the crank sensor, I replaced it this weekend. The replacement one was black and not gray like the one that was in there. Also at the same time I did a global reset on the PCM (touched battery cables together for a minute) then reinstalled. I'll have to drive it some to see if that did anything.

5. Sigma-Wildcat

Sigma-Wildcat Active Member Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your RAM SRT-10. I would try to flush the fuel systems and then start to drive the truck more.