Paint defects

FlaglerSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced paint defects with their factory paint? My04 in PR4 has been "delaminating" per the local paint shop. Looks like little white freckles, started on the top of the fenders where they meet the cowl and have spread down the hood, and I'm beginning to see them on the wheel wells as well. Pissed me off considering I would wax the truck twice a month but I guess that's what happens to 14 year old paint in FL sun. I was told I would need a full strip and dip and that it would cost around 4K. Just wondering if anyone else has had any of these issues and if it sounds like the best corrective action. Thanks.

I've seen many complaints like this over the years. At 14 yrs old if not garage kept a lot, I would chalk it up to uv and age. Not sure if you've owned since new, but you don't know how the paint was cared for before you more than likely either.

My original truck did this on a 1 inch square patch on the side of the door area back in 06, truck was up in Toronto Canada so not a sun issue, and only that 1 small patch ever peeled nothing else

Alright that's pretty much what I thought, it really pissed me off at first but then like y'all said at 14 years of sun exposure it just fails like anything else. Thanks guys and glad to see the forum is still active.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back