Paxton help

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody with a Paxton please advise. I am looking to move the heat exchanger from passenger front to bottom center.

1. Is it pressurized like the radiator?

2. Best recommendation for where to start removing?

3. Can someone post a pic of where bov is at?

4. Anyone have upgraded pulley can't find anywhere for our trucks just mustangs

5. Can I buy longer hoses (99% sure mine are rubber) at any autopart or hardware store maybe?

6. I have not looked at it's attachments yet but thought I would bracket it where the front valance piece had been installed as I cut out center of bumper it's wide open for cold air now

Thanks guys all info is appreciated

Anybody with a Paxton please advise. I am looking to move the heat exchanger from passenger front to bottom center.

1. Is it pressurized like the radiator?

2. Best recommendation for where to start removing?

3. Can someone post a pic of where bov is at?

4. Anyone have upgraded pulley can't find anywhere for our trucks just mustangs

5. Can I buy longer hoses (99% sure mine are rubber) at any autopart or hardware store maybe?

6. I have not looked at it's attachments yet but thought I would bracket it where the front valance piece had been installed as I cut out center of bumper it's wide open for cold air now

Thanks guys all info is appreciated
1) Nope, not pressurized
2) Dont understand what ur asking. If it's the factory paxton heat exchanger, then it just bolts up and is very easy to move.
3)The BOV is on the side of the water/air intercooler
4)See Tony. He has a lower pulley that will oncrease boost by 2 - 3 pounds
5)I get all my stufff like that from frozenboost.com
6)That sounds like a good idea.

I'm assuming that ur also gonna replace the crappy paxton heat exchanger, with a more efficient one. This one lower my IAT's by about 20-30 degrees:
Air to Water Radiator

1) Nope, not pressurized
2) Dont understand what ur asking. If it's the factory paxton heat exchanger, then it just bolts up and is very easy to move.
3)The BOV is on the side of the water/air intercooler
4)See Tony. He has a lower pulley that will oncrease boost by 2 - 3 pounds
5)I get all my stufff like that from frozenboost.com
6)That sounds like a good idea.

I'm assuming that ur also gonna replace the crappy paxton heat exchanger, with a more efficient one. This one lower my IAT's by about 20-30 degrees:
Air to Water Radiator

Thanks for all the info bro and what I was asking was if the heat exchanger had holes for mounting already done lol I know stupid question I realize now that the answer is in the question. I have looked at Tonys bottom pulley and know that one is good but does the top one increase boost As well. As such since I have you do i need to worry about freezing with the supercharger I live in Washington (near Seattle) so not lots of super cold days but enough I am asking. Thanks again for the help I owe you

Thanks for all the info bro and what I was asking was if the heat exchanger had holes for mounting already done lol I know stupid question I realize now that the answer is in the question. I have looked at Tonys bottom pulley and know that one is good but does the top one increase boost As well. As such since I have you do i need to worry about freezing with the supercharger I live in Washington (near Seattle) so not lots of super cold days but enough I am asking. Thanks again for the help I owe you

The top one will increse boost also. If you get with Bobby (1badtrk), he can give you the info on his top pulley. He's running Tony's bottom pulley and a different top pulley and he's making 12.5 lbs. As for freezing, living in South Florida, I wouldn't know anything about that. :D
I gotta ask, you're motor is built? Right?

Yes motor is built I sent build sheet to Tony to look over haven't heard back yet though from him on his thoughts about safe boost levels I pm'd 1badtrk (Tony recommended) as well as ram from hell (he is only a couple hours down the road) no response from either yet though. I don't know how knowledgeable you are about built motors, (obviously way more then I am) but would you be interested in looking at the build sheet and giving me your opinion on what you think she could safely handle. Only other thought I had was typing up my entire build sheet as a thread and asking for opinions on it.

Also the bov could you take a pic the only thing I have is a threaded nipple with a cap on it but the cap and nipple are both center hollowed and dry so not sure

Tonkasmith said:
Also the bov could you take a pic the only thing I have is a threaded nipple with a cap on it but the cap and nipple are both center hollowed and dry so not sure
Here's the pics of the BOV. Also one of the heat exchanger. I'll be glad to look at ur build sheet. Email it to [email protected]

image-1493344187.jpg

image-1169032258.jpg

image-1569469491.jpg

image-2370597992.jpg

Yes motor is built I sent build sheet to Tony to look over haven't heard back yet though from him on his thoughts about safe boost levels I pm'd 1badtrk (Tony recommended) as well as ram from hell (he is only a couple hours down the road) no response from either yet though. I don't know how knowledgeable you are about built motors, (obviously way more then I am) but would you be interested in looking at the build sheet and giving me your opinion on what you think she could safely handle. Only other thought I had was typing up my entire build sheet as a thread and asking :toilet: opinions on it.
Sorry Buddy it took so long to get back to on this. Just been busy. I would like to look at your build sheet if possible. I running the Paxton set up on a built engine w/meth and water kit. Tony's bigger pulley on the crank and the smallest pulley you can run on the charger unit. Running between 12-13 lbs of Boost.

Steve the email is sent and Bobby will type up build and post it tonight I still have kids to deal with for a couple hours

Yes motor is built I sent build sheet to Tony to look over haven't heard back yet though from him on his thoughts about safe boost levels I pm'd 1badtrk (Tony recommended) as well as ram from hell (he is only a couple hours down the road) no response from either yet though. I don't know how knowledgeable you are about built motors, (obviously way more then I am) but would you be interested in looking at the build sheet and giving me your opinion on what you think she could safely handle. Only other thought I had was typing up my entire build sheet as a thread and asking for opinions on it.

actually looking at it now, last couple days been a dog and a half, actually jsut got back to the shop for the first time today, but will shoot you something in a bit boss

it has all the top notch stuff installed, actually alot more than most do , so you should be good, I cant speak for the abilities as I dont know them, but if they installed all they have listed , its good to go boss, they are LOL a touch high but it is cali, but hammer on it boss

viperhauler said:
lol...

everyone laugh at how gay sanqueer's email address:D :D :D

Please keep this thread on topic, as this fine member is just trying to get some help. Your post is neither constructive or supportive. Thanks

Sorry for adding to that Steve, soo Tony what would you say is the boost max safely is going 12 to 13 like Bobby going to be okay. Also I know you guys post way more then me is putting my build up as a thread okay. Not sure didn't find anyone else who has done it line by line bu didn't wann piss anyone off by overposting
Thank you

Sorry for adding to that Steve, soo Tony what would you say is the boost max safely is going 12 to 13 like Bobby going to be okay. Also I know you guys post way more then me is putting my build up as a thread okay. Not sure didn't find anyone else who has done it line by line bu didn't wann piss anyone off by overposting
Thank you

depending on the quality go for 30 psi boss, honestly at 12-14 you should be fine

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back