PBJ N/A Dyno numbers are in....

TUNE FINALIZED

Went in to finalize my tune today. Didn't get any better numbers. :(

When Joe tried more timing I started to get a little bit of detonation (CR was upped with the shaved heads). Pulled the timing back where it was and cleaned up a little here and there. I'll go back later for a race gas tune and (who knows) maybe a 50-100 shot of giggle juice.

Truck runs oustanding now. Really pulls hard. Joe actually got the torque curve up a little lower today in the lower rpm band. I'm pulling over 500 foot pounds by around 3400 rpms now. I have no driveability issues. A/F ratio is a smooth straight line across the sheet. Idles smooth. Joe took out the backfiring and gurgling that truck always had before.

Overall, I have absolutely NO REGRETs on the build. PBJ has a customer for life.;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
Went in to finalize my tune today. Didn't get any better numbers. :(

When Joe tried more timing I started to get a little bit of detonation (CR was upped with the shaved heads). Pulled the timing back where it was and cleaned up a little here and there. I'll go back later for a race gas tune and (who knows) maybe a 50-100 shot of giggle juice.

Truck runs oustanding now. Really pulls hard. Joe actually got the torque curve up a little lower today in the lower rpm band. I'm pulling over 500 foot pounds by around 3400 rpms now. I have no driveability issues. A/F ratio is a smooth straight line across the sheet. Idles smooth. Joe took out the backfiring and gurgling that truck always had before.

Overall, I have absolutely NO REGRETs on the build. PBJ has a customer for life.;)

before you drop any more $$$.....run it at the track and see where you are....

next cheap mod = FJO water/meth....then you can add some timing....:rock:

Nowwhat said:
before you drop any more $$$.....run it at the track and see where you are....

next cheap mod = FJO water/meth....then you can add some timing....:rock:
I was thinking about running a colder plug too but I don't know. I might just leave well enough alone (yeah, I know, that's hard to do).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back