Phoenix, AZ Road Trip (Tortilla Flats)

06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are scheduling a road trip to Tortilla Flats Restaurant at Canyon Lake for Sat. the 24th of this month. The Westsiders can meet up at Rick's (PhxPoolGuy) house & can caravan out together. We will meet the Eastsiders at the Chevron Station & Waffle House at Superstition Freeway & Exit 196 (Idaho Rd) & go onto Tortilla Flats together. If this won't work for you let me know or we can just meet you at the restaurant. If you can make it please let me know. We are trying to get a head count.

It doesn't make any difference to me SAT or SUN. You guys tell me what works best for you the 24th or 25th. We have Kyle for SUN.

You dont have to change it for me. I was just saying. If it works for more people on saturday stay with that. Otherwise we can call it Kyle's special run :D

My dad's birthday is that weekend. I may and may not be in town.

You dont have to change it for me. I was just saying. If it works for more people on saturday stay with that. Otherwise we can call it Kyle's special run :D

I believe Jim just posted a date to get our feedback on what weekend would work for everybody. Looking like that weekend and a Saturday are not a good idea. :D

TTF

Hey Guys......

For most of you, it's a decent drive from the west side. Here are some tips to help make the most of it......

I have made hundreds of runs through TTF (HWY 88). Keep this in mind when planning...

-Time of day is critical, otherwise it will be more of a Parade than a drive.

-Road conditions are horrible. The top asphlat layer was put down over a dozen years ago and probably even more. The slurry layer has not held up and the top layer has literally crumbled.

-Late August is still hot, monsoon still could be active and Boater traffic is HEAVY.

-Not forgetting to mention..... LEO presence. If you just Parade, no big deal.

-Food at TTF restaurant..... maybe ** out of *****

Otherwise, good luck and enjoy the event.:)

After hearing from some of you there seems to be a problem with not only the weekend that we have picked, but also the month. There are birthdays, anniversaries, cardinal games, etc. So we are going to try another month & day. Tell me what you think about Sept. 15th. We are trying to make this work for as many people as possible. Appreciate your feedback.

My weekends are flexible as well, everybody else post up their thoughts.

OK, OK. if you would rather spend your B-Day with family rather than us, I guess we will just have to get use to being second best. Sad, sad day. What about Sept the 8th. It is on a Sunday & it's not Jays dad's birthday & it's not kyle's birthday, so how does that work for everyone? I just hope Tortilla Flat doesn't run out of beer before we get out there. With my luck someone has a circumcision scheduled on that day. lol Feedback guys.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back