Plastidip, Powdercoat or Paint Rims?

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. I have a few scuffs from the previous owner on the back rims. I wanted to do them black. Just not sure if I should try to paint them myself, plastidip them myself or go to a place and just have them powdercoated. I like the gloss or satin look. Just wondering because my friend had plastidip on his civic wheels and rocks would put marks and take it off. I use mine currently as my DD until I find something better and put this in my garage...maybe forever :)

Try the dip 1st in the colors you like and when you find what you like have them powder coated so its over and done with........

I just dipped my rims because I don't want to spend the cash on having them powder coated right now. I curious how long it will last.

plasti-wheel.jpg

I dipped my wheels last summer(vintage gold) and it still looks good and hasn't fallen off.

I plasti dipped my 05 Hemi, my 2014 Hemi, and my 04 srt(eventually took it off the srt though). As long as you get a good amount of coverage, like 6 coats, it holds up for along time. When I did my 05 hemi it lasted for a year and a half (ended up selling it) and i never had to touch it up except for when I had new tires put on. You can scrub pretty hard when you wash the wheels too. If you're not committed to it, I would go the plasti dip route first. It's a really cheap method that won't flake off.

I dipped my wheels last summer(vintage gold) and it still looks good and hasn't fallen off.

Plastidip is a great way to go. I did mine and they look amazing. My buddy did the wheels on his jeep and have lasted over two years.

My winter set up is plastidipped and now it's starting to come off after 3 years.
So it does hold up very well.

I plastidip my stock wheels last year but I wasn't happy with the look of them after a month of being on the truck.
I decided to send them to ACR in NJ. to get them powder coated gloss black. I'm very happy with them now.

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back