PLEASE HELP FAST

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm on the side of the road in ga headed to pcb and my truck engine light came on flashing a trouble code P0320 any one know what this is or how to fix???????????

BAD-RC said:
Hey guys I'm on the side of the road in ga headed to pcb and my truck engine light came on flashing a trouble code P0320 any one know what this is or how to fix???????????

Found this: Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction

Not sure what to do about that. Give me a few while I search some more.

DTC P0320 is usually Alternator or Crankshaft Speed Sensor. Like Scott mentioned, Ignition code basically.

Is it stalling, dying? etc...?

try unhooking the battery cable and letting is sit for about 5 minutes and hook it back up. see if that will clear it out.

Do you have any tools with you?

If you can, try disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes. Then reconnect and see if the error code comes back.

Also check all of your fuses.

This indicates a speed input circuit, so I would be careful of running it hard, but you can probably drive it and set the cruise without hurting anything.

eddie102870 said:
try unhooking the battery cable and letting is sit for about 5 minutes and hook it back up. see if that will clear it out.

That's what Mark T did...well he cleared the code...here is some verbage from the thread.

Link:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13840&highlight=CEL+P0320

P0320

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok,

I know this means missfire on #2, I was cleaning the Motor today, just Ice spray and wipe, and fired her up. She ran fine but the CEL was on. Drove around for awhile and it ran great.

I had this the last time I cleaned the engine in the same manner only it was #10.

When I wipe it down I really didn't move or hit the plug wires, but I do kind of bump into the Fuel Jets and wires.

Can a Jet miss fire? Will this throw the same code?

I cleared the code and she runs just fine!!

Guess I need to be more careful when Im rubbing her down

Crap,

I cleared it, now I won't ever know?? My memory??

Thing is, that this crank reference code has shown up before. Along time ago before the SC. It was on the dyno at Roe and Sean cleared it. I never saw it again.

Oh well!! It's still runs like a scalded kitten

BriteCrawler said:
DTC P0320 is usually Alternator or Crankshaft Speed Sensor. Like Scott mentioned, Ignition code basically.

Is it stalling, dying? etc...?
no and really didnt give any warning. I'm going to try and find some tools some where and clear it. anyone have stinkers number?

I cleared the code and it went away gonna try to get on down the road. thanks alot guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back