QC Tranny question

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the truck out the other day on the back roads.....at WOT it shifted from 1st-2nd like normal but when it hit 3rd it didn't go into the gear until I let off....driving around normal it shifts fine...its only at WOT...it only happen 2 times and I didn't try anymore after that....I took it last year to get the bands adjusted at 25k..now it has 43k ..do you guys think it could be...thanks

shifting bounching of the limiter instead of shifting at wot and not shifting until you let of alittle?

Try adjusting the Throttle Valve cable on the Throttle Body within spec. If it's out of spec it will not let the tranny shift and messes with line pressure.
You running factory sized tires?

Try adjusting the Throttle Valve cable on the Throttle Body within spec. If it's out of spec it will not let the tranny shift and messes with line pressure.

That's was I was getting at but wanted to clarify his issue first.....if its bouncing of the limiter the tv adjustment it is....if its just slipping under wot that could be a band adjustment or bad juju in the tranny.....

what is the stock setting for the tv cable? how many little marks should i see??? i do have stock size tires.....

That's was I was getting at but wanted to clarify his issue first.....if its bouncing of the limiter the tv adjustment it is....if its just slipping under wot that could be a band adjustment or bad juju in the tranny.....

its not slipping...it just hit the rev limiter.....as soon as I let off a little it shifted....

TV cable adjustment will square that right up....takes about 1 min if that!

i tried that.. gotta wait until the streets dry up a bit to test it out....wana buy my truck.....

Dry roads would help a bit! But nahhh you have 2 to many doors for my liking and the color isn't silver ;) but even if you did id still say no, I have my eyes on something else....just being patient.....

Can't blame you on that one bro...get a Jeep SRT if you want fast and still want a truck ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back