Question fella's...is it possible to dyno tune these trucks??

Craig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously the guys who are running FI set ups are having their tuners make the most of what they can get out of the engine but is it possible on engines with basic bolt on's and software upgrades?? :dontknow: ...educate a nukka!!

My '01 Viper was tuned on the dyno. Also, my SRT was tuned (a/f, stuff like that) on the dyno. I havent had my previous bone stock srt tuned on a dyno...just a few dyno pulls. With your list of mods I hope you had yours dyno tuned.

Not yet unfortunately Dave I keep meaning too but I'm a procrastinating bastard... I gotta get it done!! Next question is where to go.... I'm in Central NJ so would my best bet be Viper Mike out on LI??? :dontknow:

I would like to do the same thing, but I have not found a good tuning shop with a dyno around here.

Bill.

It will be difficult to find a REPUTABLE dyno shop that has a tuner who knows what he/she is doing. The tune is the key. You may want to ask Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge. Have you heard of this dealership? If not, its very highly rated (Chuck that is) by numerous Viper owners. He could point you in the direction of a reputable dyno shop in your area (I would guess).

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
It will be difficult to find a REPUTABLE dyno shop that has a tuner who knows what he/she is doing. The tune is the key. You may want to ask Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge. Have you heard of this dealership? If not, its very highly rated (Chuck that is) by numerous Viper owners. He could point you in the direction of a reputable dyno shop in your area (I would guess).
Which area are you talking about?

Bill.

I believe he's referring to Tators Dodge up in NY.... I've read good things about them.

Anybody know of someone near the motorcity. B & G is near, but they don't have a dyno.

Bill.

Anyone use SnakePit Performance out on LI yet??? I know Viper Mike comes highly recommended from Boomer but I haven't had a chance to get out there as of yet....

Craig said:
Obviously the guys who are running FI set ups are having their tuners make the most of what they can get out of the engine but is it possible on engines with basic bolt on's and software upgrades?? :dontknow: ...educate a nukka!!

Absolutely it is, as long as there's tunable software. Play with timing curves, fuel tables, a/f ratio's....

You guys are running a similar PCM to the Viper, correct?

RedSrt007 said:
Tuning is difficult on the PCM side, but with a piggy-back or standalone, its not tooooo bad

-Red

Oh, I forgot about that shit, lol. Dodge and their infinite wisdom. Well, even then, there should be several perameters you can play with.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back