Question for dog owner expert

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a fat beagle hound that sheds worst than the hairball cat of my wifes ,,i have tried many shampoos that promise to cut down on shedding but non seem to work ,,,anyone got a magic shampoo ,,hell if i could cut it down just in half i would be happy:dontknow:

Ironhead said:
I got a fat beagle hound that sheds worst than the hairball cat of my wifes ,,i have tried many shampoos that promise to cut down on shedding but non seem to work ,,,anyone got a magic shampoo ,,hell if i could cut it down just in half i would be happy:dontknow:
As a Military Working Dog Kennel Master, I recommend you buy a brush called "Furminator" and brush daily until the hair you get starts to reduce. Then brush "as needed" but no less than once a week. The brush is expensive, but well worth it. I have 10 dogs in my kennels and we brush them at least every other day. Just my .02 cents worth.

TheMoparConnection said:
i've got an extra set of clippers

i thought about shaving him bald but he wont sit still for that ,,,:D
plus beagle hais is so short you really cant clip it

It is most likely not the shampoo, but something in the diet.

Shedding is sometimes a symptom of something else going on. There may be something in his diet that he is allergic to, or something like that.

If you look closely at his skin, does it look normal? Not reddish or even overly pink? No rashes, or excess scratching?

Need for Speed said:
As a Military Working Dog Kennel Master, I recommend you buy a brush called "Furminator" and brush daily until the hair you get starts to reduce. Then brush "as needed" but no less than once a week. The brush is expensive, but well worth it. I have 10 dogs in my kennels and we brush them at least every other day. Just my .02 cents worth.

ill look for one ,,never heard of the furmanator ,,you guys use any type of shampoo thats a secret

ntw0rk said:
It is most likely not the shampoo, but something in the diet.

Shedding is sometimes a symptom of something else going on. There may be something in his diet that he is allergic to, or something like that.

If you look closely at his skin, does it look normal? Not reddish or even overly pink? No rashes, or excess scratching?

nothing major that i seen ,,his skin like most tricolor beagles is tri colored,its white black and pink anyway ,but i dont see any hotspots ,,no fleas or anything ,,,diet could be it lol he always raids the cats food ever chance he gets:D

Ironhead said:
nothing major that i seen ,,his skin like most tricolor beagles is tri colored,its white black and pink anyway ,but i dont see any hotspots ,,no fleas or anything ,,,diet could be it lol he always raids the cats food ever chance he gets:D
]

Yeah, he needs to stay away from the cat food. Cats and Dogs have very different nutritional needs.

Stress can also cause them to shed a lot.

http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-information/dog-groomer-salzberg/excessive-shedding.aspx

FATJACK said:
Shoot his ass, have him stuffed and put him on the front porch!!:D :D

how about i shoot your hairy ass and put you on my porch :D hell if i shot that dog i would be in divorce court ,,,mmm wait let me think about that for a min;)

Ironhead said:
how about i shoot your hairy ass and put you on my porch :D hell if i shot that dog i would be in divorce court ,,,mmm wait let me think about that for a min;)
Damn, I would make an ugly porch decoration.:eek: :eek:

Need for Speed said:
The brush is the best defense....I got 2 115lb Labs and they shed a lot, but the brush seems to keep the hair shedding down a lot....

FATJACK said:
Damn, I would make an ugly porch decoration.:eek: :eek:

maybe you could keep the dirtbag door to door salescum away on sundays :D

kickinassrt-10 said:
The brush is the best defense....I got 2 115lb Labs and they shed a lot, but the brush seems to keep the hair shedding down a lot....

I agree, I have a Husky and a Malamute that must be brushed at least a couple times a week. When they start to loose the undercoat (couple times a year) I can brush every day and fill up trash bags with hair. Where does it all come from?

Diet also has alot to do with it.

See if you can find some Malaseb. I have been using on my Amstaff for about 8 years. he has skin allergies abd the vet recommended it. t is not cheap but works well.

05QCSRT10 said:
Shouldn't this be in the off topic section?

The dog rides in the truck :dontknow:

walbert said:
The dog rides in the truck :dontknow:

yes he does and he has witnesses to prove it ,,takes me two days to get hair out ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back