Questions about Highspeed internet?

I wouldn't buy a cup of dirt from Verizon.
(REALLY bad experience with them in NY regarding 'net service, or lack there of in this case)

Roadrunner was horrible. In the first month that I had it I had at least 5 outages. While they didn't last long, I was working from a home office and could not afford any downtime at all. Luckily I hadn't canceled my Verizon DSL yet, so I just hooked back into that. I have had that for over 5 years with zero, yes zero, outages.

Black1 said:
I have Roadrunner (Through Brighthouse Cable).... I absolutely LOVE IT. I got the "Big Bad Nasty" package :D (10Mb Down - ?? Up).... I've tested it on DSL Reports (www.dslreports.com) just now, and here is what I got.....

Test 2007-08-29 19:44:19 EST @ speedtest.dslreports.com
8684 / 969 (Kbps)
(1060 / 118.3 KB/sec) (This is the "normal" Cable speed)

The damn thing SCREAMS. :rock:
Ran my own RJ40 line to the house! :rock:

Attachments

• speedcomputer.jpg
    speedcomputer.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 22
Kevan said:
Nice numbers, Bone!

And by that I mean your IP. :)
(It shows up on the pic)
No secret.

That's on 9 out of 10 ram cylinders too.

I'm a senior field techician in mo. Our service is great. We monitor the plant 24 /360 if its down we fix the plant in 2 hrs from when our pager goes off, no excuses. We offer 3 meg, 5 meg, 10 meg, and soon when docsis 3.0 comes out the capability to reach 100 meg wil be reachable. Broadband is the way to go. The days of poor service is over. The most problems my technicians see are when the customers inflict them upon themselves by tinkering with the cabling or hardware.

mosrt10 said:
I'm a senior field techician in mo. Our service is great. We monitor the plant 24 /360 if its down we fix the plant in 2 hrs from when our pager goes off, no excuses. We offer 3 meg, 5 meg, 10 meg, and soon when docsis 3.0 comes out the capability to reach 100 meg wil be reachable. Broadband is the way to go. The days of poor service is over. The most problems my technicians see are when the customers inflict them upon themselves by tinkering with the cabling or hardware.
No offense, man. Our problems were in NY.

If it was me jackin' around with the wiring, I'd understand. The problem is they never made it to the house. :)

Make sure whatever you get you have a good firewall in place. I run Cox internet and am very happy with it. It's better then the T1 I had installed when I ran my company out of my house.

You wouldn't believe how much crap my firewall stops...

Kevan said:
No offense, man. Our problems were in NY.

If it was me jackin' around with the wiring, I'd understand. The problem is they never made it to the house. :)

no offense taken Kevan, In the old days most cable companies were owned and operated very very poorly. It will take years for people to get a different mind set. I worked for a TCI and ATT back in the 90's and each companies operational expectations were miles apart.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back