Questions about removing leaf springs....

Tork_MoNsTeR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about removing a leaf or two from my rear end to try to get the truck to hook up a bit. Which spring(s) should I remove?.... know itll affect the towing but im planning on adding a helper bag setup for that.....

I would think if you remove any springs you would need to get caltracs too. You would end up getting axle hop. As far as taking springs out, for sure the overload spring. That would also lower your truck a tad bit too.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I would think if you remove any springs you would need to get caltracs too. You would end up getting axle hop. As far as taking springs out, for sure the overload spring. That would also lower your truck a tad bit too.

what he said but just make sure your springs arent flat/ straight its not very safe that way

they could break under full power

Ill just take them all out and weld the frame to the rear end...lol... just kidding

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I would certainly agree with this, ask Stinker, that little fugger knows everything about our suspension.

I would just take out the factory version of a slapper bar, and put caltracs on it. You are still going to have tractions issues...unless you do something like TinyGiants.

take two out of the middle of the stack, seems to work pretty good for me

last dude got it right bo, but you will need some caltracs, it will hook hard tho so be prepared, and it will drop the rear about a 1/2 inch

mauiSRT/10 said:
I took the slapper bar out and installed caltracs. It still spins like crazy (4.88 gears ) but at least it stays pointed straight now!!

patrick

yeah i love how mine slides to the right.:burnout:

Stinker said:
last dude got it right bo, but you will need some caltracs, it will hook hard tho so be prepared, and it will drop the rear about a 1/2 inch
mine is REALLY low, i need to take the lowering blocks out of it, had them cut down to 1.5" before i took out the springs but my rear ended up at 33" from the ground to the top of the wheel well and the front is 35" truck looks pretty goofy:p

I'm looking to remove one or two leafs from mine and was wondering about the rivet holding the pack together. Once cut did you guys just use a bolt to hold them after or what? Also did you drill through the top leaf?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back