Racing on I-5

Discussion in 'Non-Offensive' started by Skypilot68, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Skypilot68

Skypilot68 Full Access Member

Last week I was heading home from work, must of been around 8pm when I got on I-5 just out of Seattle and heading south toward home.

About ten minutes later I spotted this really nice black Hemi Challenger R/T with stripes in the next lane doing about 70 mph. So I pulled the SRT-10 next to him and let him check out my ride.

Well something must of triggered him and he quickly took off..doing about 80. Big deal I thought.

So I let him get about a mile ahead and I shifted it up into 5th gear and took off after this guy.

He was following in traffic back to about 70 when I passed him doing 80 and waved bye-bye with some Creedence blasting away in my speakers.

Well that triggered him again and he pulled over into my lane and started following in my wake.

I changed a few lanes passing slow pokes and punched it up to 85-90 and he continued his pursuit..but at no avail.

About a mile later he exited off and smiling...whoever you were..thanks for the rush.

:cool:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. Kiwi SRT10

Kiwi SRT10 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Makes you feel young again. I have been trying to go really fast to see if I can be a teenager again....alas it has not worked. BUT I will keep trying!! LOL:D

Skypilot68 and AMS3 like this.
  3. Skypilot68

Skypilot68 Full Access Member

Been a few years now but I was heading home after work and headed west on Hwy 18 from Auburn, WA and quickly looked ahead..no traffic...shoved it into fifth gear going uphill and topped 130 mph when I reached the top with power still to spare..speed limit was 60. But my big mistake as telling the wife the next day...she was worse than some cop...:rolleyes:.

Kiwi SRT10 likes this.