Ram SRT 10 vs 2001 Corvette at 80mph roll = another win for Ma Mopar!!!

kennygene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my truck against my friend's 01 Vette LS 6spd from an 80mph roll and absolutely killed the Vette. My truck pulled so hard, I thought he lifted so I talked to him and he had the Vette all out in 4th gear.
He did think the Vette would do better in 3rd so we just figured for another day...

80MPH is the truck's power area.....a Vette will get you from a dig or at 100MPH+......just run him in the 60-80MPH area and let off around a 110 and you will kill him..

Ye, how do these trucks do with the LS from a stop?

My other friend has a Saleen Mustang Supercharged, planning to run him next.

Our trucks are heavy cinder blocks with a lot of HP.....the weight will get you beat from a dig.....the block shape will get you beat at high speeds.......vettes and cobras weigh a 1000 lbs less and are more aero....mid range is where you need to be to spank them...talking stock vs stock...

I spanked an 05 C6 (I guess it was a c6) at the track, but his trap speed was 114 when mine was 109, he was about to pass me, but I crossed the line before he did :D

great kill by the way :rock:, I wonder If a bunch of corvette guys are gonna come over and start hangin out now on the forum :dontknow:

Last edited:
nice kill ! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Psycho Mythic said:
I spanked an 05 C6 (I guess it was a c6) at the track, but his trap speed was 114 when mine was 109, he was about to pass me, but I crossed the line before he did :D

great kill by the way :rock:, I wonder If a bunch of corvette guys are gonna come over and start hangin out now on the forum :dontknow:

lmao - ahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Corvette guys are one of the best internet vehicle groups around. They have no false perceptions of the abilities of their stock vehicles...a thread was started about CTS V's being faster at all levels than the C6 vettes, and I joined and posted there...they are a super group of people very nice and open to discussion...no bs, no "my vehicle is the only vehicle"...just a good group with which to exchange comments...I have really enjoyed my time there.

Its not home, but a nice place to visit...

Last edited:
He's already got a set of long tube headers for the Vette so I'll probably get smoked next time.

Nice kill..... haven't found a vette around town here in a while. But there's a couple of S/C Z06's running around. I pretend like I don't see them when they pull up next to me. :D

I'm seriously considering getting a 03-04 Cobra to build on...

Yep, he shoulda been in third and it woulda been alot closer of a race. Great kill though. I actually killed an Automatic C6 no long ago in my QC 10 and it felt great! This coming from a Vette owner!

10banger said:
Nice kill..... haven't found a vette around town here in a while. But there's a couple of S/C Z06's running around. I pretend like I don't see them when they pull up next to me. :D

I'm seriously considering getting a 03-04 Cobra to build on...

I love the terminator Cobra's they look the meanest! That has to be the meanest 2 years mustang ever had in my opinion:rock:

When I first got the truck I took that and my 03 Vette ragtop to the track. Vette was stock and the truck had catback and PCM. The truck was a full 1/2 second quicker. I think that was the day I really fell in love with the truck. I think that was the day I made Nowwhat lay all that money into his truck too LOL.

I just can't wait to see what the 10 is all about....If it can beat a stock c5 vette i know i should be happy

I've got a race lined up (rolling start) with a Racecraft Supercharged Saleen Mustang. I'll make a new thread when we get to business but it'll probably be a while.

Troy's QC SRT said:
I just can't wait to see what the 10 is all about....If it can beat a stock c5 vette i know i should be happy

C5s are butter! C5Zs are a little harder due to tranny gear ratio is very low and they move out. C6s Autos I found to take by about a car till about 100 and he was inching on me, literally. C6Z not much chance at all without alot of mods, C6 6 speed = good damn race! RCs should have little prob with anything other than a C6Z or C6ZR1.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back