Ram turns off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ajacs, Jun 15, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. Ajacs

Ajacs Full Access Member

Hi all
    The problem is following, sometimes when I running the car suddenly turns off, it wan't start untill i wait 3-5 minutes , than it runs great, in the last time that repeats more often, any ideas how to solve it? I think it might be IAC, please help!

2. Ajacs

Ajacs Full Access Member

Or maybe its the problem with crankshaft position sensor???

3. Teddy

Teddy New Member

4. Teddy

Teddy New Member

I had the same problem a few years ago. A few months prior I had replaced the OEM throttle body with a new BBK throttle body. The truck drove fine for a couple of months then one day it just stopped. I would wait a minute or so then it would start. It would do this on and off for months. I noticed when it stopped that the fuel gauge did not read or went to empty even if the truck was full of gas. I replaced the IAC and the crankshaft sensor but still the problem would return. The truck stopped one day so I started checking for a loose wire or bad connector. I heard a electrical spark while I was checking wires near the throttle body. Turn out to be the wires to the Throttle Position Sensor connector were loose and not fully seated. I moved the wires and noticed the fuel gauge started to read and she fired right up. I pushed the wires in until them were fully seated and the problem was solved.

5. Ajacs

Ajacs Full Access Member

well ive checked twice all of connectors under hood, it seems fine, and it repeats more often ...and I also feel problem with an idle , it rise up suddenly and fall down

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  6. AMS3

AMS3 Active Member

Sounds like you need the expertise of RottenRonnie. Him and some of the others are a wealth of knowledge on these trucks.

Kiwi SRT10 likes this.
  7. 505

505 Full Access Member

just had this happen last friday. runs fine, sputters and dies. Did it once, then again. One thing I distinctly noticed was when it died and I tried to start it - it sounded like the injectors weren't sending fuel, or there was no spark. It sounded not right. Towed it home there was a crankshaft positioning sensor code in it. It would start and idle in the garage, but it had that code. They don't set them for no reason. So I swapped the crank sensor. all good.

rottenronnie likes this.
  8. TrailMix

TrailMix Full Access Member

Just make sure it's mopar part or you'll be changing it in a week or less