RC guys, how low do you go?

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find myself shifting at 1000-1250 rpm and regularly cruising around town just off idle. It's not uncommon for me to make the drive into town at 30-35 mph in 6th at like 600rpm. Trucks turns back like 22 mpg like that. Of course I'm not loading it like this, so it doesn't matter. Just wondering what you all do.

6th? 600rpm? Asking for trouble, IMO.I don't pull mine down under 12-1300 in 6th. That's what gears are for, use em...

I am the completely opposite I shift at 2500-3000 almost all times lol I see the shift lite daily and typically won't cruise under 1300 rpms but also why I am lucky to get 10 mpg

I am the completely opposite I shift at 2500-3000 almost all times lol I see the shift lite daily and typically won't cruise under 1300 rpms but also why I am lucky to get 10 mpg

You have a shift light?

When I dd my 10 I did the same as the OP. Now that iy sees very few miles a year I drive it to enjoy it when it sees the light of day.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I am in 6th gear as often as possible, at speeds as low as 40mph.

I don't use 6th below 45mph...

And...

I don't drive a RC ;)

Last edited:
Like other have said I don't use 6th under 45-50 mph. It just doesn't sound or feel right.

I find myself shifting at 1000-1250 rpm and regularly cruising around town just off idle. It's not uncommon for me to make the drive into town at 30-35 mph in 6th at like 600rpm. Trucks turns back like 22 mpg like that. Of course I'm not loading it like this, so it doesn't matter. Just wondering what you all do.

Mine's an '04 and I don't use 6th gear below 65mph or 1200rpms..

30mph in 6th gear even with the 4:56's, asking for problems IMO.

Mine's an '04 and I don't use 6th gear below 65mph or 1200rpms..

30mph in 6th gear even with the 4:56's, asking for problems IMO.

You may be right. I have 4.10s in mine and no issues from low engine speeds so far at 75k and had it 7 yrs. Time will tell tho

You may be right. I have 4.10s in mine and no issues from low engine speeds so far at 75k and had it 7 yrs. Time will tell tho

I mean how low we talking?? 600Rpm's in 6th ..:stupid:

Don't get me wrong, i've put mine in 6th doing 50mph, but never some 600 rpms.

But, i've you never had problems, then you've never had problems.

I think this topic could be like the whole "nitrous" topic for our 10's.

:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back