REAL PROBLEM---REAL PRAISE

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got all the mods listed below done and all seemed great. But the transmission started acting funny, real funny. Thought the thing was slipping in 1st but later found it was actually starting in 2nd gear. Seemed it couldn’t decide which gear to run in. I would get up to 60 in 2nd and just cruse and not shift. Then it would decide to shift down to 1st then up to 4th. Remember my previous post, the problem of surging in cruise? Well, out of frustration I called the Doctor, Dr. Viper---VENOMOUS1, and got the problem diagnosed over the phone. Man was I ever frustrated. All that work not to mention the bucks and the truck was not drivable. I have a mechanic here in my small town of 1200 population that happens to build fuel rail machines for his son to race. He also has a cast iron V-10 in his dodge service truck so I felt he could do the work. Dr. Viper said it was the shifting solenoids and guess what, perfect diagnosis. Drained fluid, changed filter, replaced the 3 shifting solenoids, and presto, back to running great. Cruise also works perfectly. When in question it really pays to speak with the experts. Not at the Dodge house but the guys that have been there and done that, like you guys on this forum. The new guys like me don’t really appreciate all the great advice we get so freely, generously and graciously from you folks. Thanks much for your help and especially Dr. Viper. :rock::D

Glad to be able to help out Shorty! It was my pleasure. Now you can enjoy her once again and all her newfound power :rock:
Look forward to working with you on your cosmetic modifications soon as well. ;)

just messin with ya, bobble head:D :D

but seriously, ole shooter mcgavin over here's legit... i think the love of these trucks really brings out the best in some of us... we're kinda like a little family...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back