Rear cat delete

sh*t...sorry...didnt know that...I always thought the sims where to fool the pcm in thinking there was a cat to turn the cel off....I didnt pass in my old evo mr with a test pipe...I had o2 sims and no cel .....

I know here in maryland if any light is on in your dash they will not even test it. even a factory light for oil change :confused:

My truck never once threw a code, maybe I was just lucky. I hope the Vdub passes with the test pipe on it when the time comes. I'll let you know.

Na i'm not bent or mad. I just don't want people thinking i am trying to lie to this guy.

Makes sense!

I was nervous going there, But dude hooked the truck up to the computer and it passed. Like I said before I even brought a $50 bill with me :D

So that's how emissions testing works! :D I'm not so nervous about it happening here, now. :D

im not trying to be a **** but you will not pass an emissions test without cats....the only test they do in maryland is to check if your emission stuff works with a scanning tool ...it does not check for c02... that's why you passed....02 sims fools the pcm(and some owners) to think there is a 2nd cat thus no cel.....you will not pass emissions in ny with no cats....most states do the same thing like here in nj...here is what i found ....VEIP General Information

you had me thinking i was ****ed up there for a min buddy....

well all i have to do to pass inspection is fool the computer. NY state doesn't hook anything to your exhaust they simply plug into the odb2 port press a key and it talks with the NY state inspection system and they pass or fail the vehicle by what the computer reports. other than that its visual so a couple heat shields welded up you wouldn't be able to tell if there is a cat there or not. reason i said about the anti-fouler plugs :)

im not trying to be a **** but you will not pass an emissions test without cats....the only test they do in maryland is to check if your emission stuff works with a scanning tool ...it does not check for c02... that's why you passed....02 sims fools the pcm(and some owners) to think there is a 2nd cat thus no cel.....you will not pass emissions in ny with no cats....most states do the same thing like here in nj...here is what i found ....VEIP General Information

you had me thinking i was ****ed up there for a min buddy....

Hey, I didnt know what the computer did when they hooked it up. I just know I passed :D:D:D

well all i have to do to pass inspection is fool the computer. NY state doesn't hook anything to your exhaust they simply plug into the odb2 port press a key and it talks with the NY state inspection system and they pass or fail the vehicle by what the computer reports. other than that its visual so a couple heat shields welded up you wouldn't be able to tell if there is a cat there or not. reason i said about the anti-fouler plugs :)

sorry ...they are the same in nyc now too....i believe they changed it about 2 years ago...

Thats all they do here. same thing. and the big mirror on wheels that they use to look under the cars/trucks.

In PA we have 3 types of counties, non-emissions, emissions and enhanced emissions. With this particular set up it would only pass the normal emissions test. It would fail the enhanced emissions test (which includes an exhaust sniffer and dyno run) It would pass the regular emission test (which is just a computer plug in) and it would fail state safety inspection in a non-emissions county because part of the safety inspection is to inspect and verify all emission components are present and operating properly. Each state has different methods and requirements, you just need to know the ins and outs of the test to fool the system.

In PA we have 3 types of counties, non-emissions, emissions and enhanced emissions. With this particular set up it would only pass the normal emissions test. It would fail the enhanced emissions test (which includes an exhaust sniffer and dyno run) It would pass the regular emission test (which is just a computer plug in) and it would fail state safety inspection in a non-emissions county because part of the safety inspection is to inspect and verify all emission components are present and operating properly. Each state has different methods and requirements, you just need to know the ins and outs of the test to fool the system.

Good Info.

Maryland did the dyno testing before. to many cars were smashed up, cars coming off the dyno :D Don't ask I have no clue. But that went bye bye

yeah see i just have a small local shop i go to so as long as the computer passes it to the state they will pass my truck they dont check it for anything lol they just know me and my truck so :)

Hey I just noticed your in vancover just up the street from me :rock:

And you're in the same city as me...

Anyway. I just picked up the full exhaust and look forward to putting it on this weekend. From everything I have seen the dual highflows are a damn sight better than the 4 cats. I am curious how much power is freed up with a full exhaust Headers to tail pipe.

So glad kansas doesn't sniff. I ran my 89 dodge straight and my cummins too, the 10 has no cats though but I got glasspacks welded up for a temp system.

Hey guys just got back from the shop I removed my rear cats and I love it thanx for all the info guys

Deeper not a whole a lot but enough it's worth the 80 bucks I paid plus the performance is defiantly noticeable :rock:

I just installed catless mid pipes and the sound is way different. Kinda sounds like if I have a cam. I have not tried it yet it has been raining in SoCal.

I just installed catless mid pipes and the sound is way different. Kinda sounds like if I have a cam. I have not tried it yet it has been raining in SoCal.

Keep us updated on how the before and after sound/performance is.. I just got some used JMB mids and can not wait to install in spring..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back