Rear Rotor Needed

IH8CHVYS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am running a DTS rear axle in the truck and recently had the calipers off to repaint etc. and noticed one of my rear rotors has a crack in it. I know this is a long shot but does anyone possibly have an extra one laying around they would like to sell? Wilwood wants around $200 for one.
Thanks
Ernie

If its a stock rotor I have all 4 laying around ig that helps I dnt know how the dts is set up u can call 9374027623 and ill try to help ya

Hey Ern, Take it to a brake shop and have an easy turn done and see if it goes away, many times those are just surface blemishes.

we sent pics of the rotor to wilwood they denied a warranty claim on it , to them it looked like heat caused the crack , and I couldnt argue on this one too much since Earnie dont have a line lock, when doing burnouts the rear pads are applied without a line lock and causes too much heat in the rotor and caused it to crack, its a pretty good crack in the rotor,

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
we sent pics of the rotor to wilwood they denied a warranty claim on it , to them it looked like heat caused the crack , and I couldnt argue on this one too much since Earnie dont have a line lock, when doing burnouts the rear pads are applied without a line lock and causes too much heat in the rotor and caused it to crack, its a pretty good crack in the rotor,

Yea what he said........lol.............i guess it's only been about 4 years of me thinking of getting a line loc, i guess it's time to do it.:D

Tony i appreciate ya trying to get it replaced:rock:

05dodgesrt10 said:
If its a stock rotor I have all 4 laying around ig that helps I dnt know how the dts is set up u can call 9374027623 and ill try to help ya

Appreciate the offer but it's different than the stockers!

How are you doing burn out? I dont have a line lock(I just dump the clutch) if the brake is hanging that's another thing. But I can't buy that. But I do see he's had it 4yrs:D isn't wilwood lifetime:confused: Ill argue for ya, that is simply not possible in a manual now a QC doin brake torques yes the rear hangs up.

when you do a burnout or "powerbrake" the rear brakes are applied if you are holding the pedal down, thus putting pressure on the rear rotors

so he's dumpin the clutch and then holding the brake, gotcha. I just roll past the line:p:D

when you do a burnout or "powerbrake" the rear brakes are applied if you are holding the pedal down, thus putting pressure on the rear rotors
Hasn't he just been to the strip once with that setup? 2 total passes, Wilwood needs to man up!!

FATJACK said:
Hasn't he just been to the strip once with that setup? 2 total passes, Wilwood needs to man up!!

Actually went to Panama and Macon..........maybe a dozen passes:burnout:

I couldn't be happier running the DTS rear:rock: Wilwood is a excellent manufacture of brake parts! It's just an odd expierience!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back