REC Radio and a Lockpick

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing a Lockpick on their 06 REC radio? They say it will only work with late 06 production vehicles because the white plug on the back of the radio has to have 3 pins and not 4.

I'm looking for comments on its functionality and intergration. Thanks!

I've done a lockpick with a Mygig and it worked fine. Never tried a lockpick with my REC.

I have not done the lockpic method. It is actually way cheaper and easier than I had to do. My radio did not have the right connector. I had a company in Boca mod my radio so that I could get a rear cam and a video connector.

my build date is 11/05 so yea, I got an early 06

Mine was produced 1/06 but I haven't pulled the radio to look at the white plug yet.

If I were to put money on it, I would bet that your radio has the wrong plug like mine did. Let me know if you want the number for the place in Boca that modded mine. The name escapes me right now, but I can come up with it.

blackviper said:
It's NavTec TV and I hope it doesn't.

Nope, NavTv
http://www.navtv.com/

Lockpick or the mod method allows you to view a rear view camera and a video input (DVD or video Ipod) into the factory REC radio.

blackviper, did your REC have the right connector? My truck was also produced 1/06 and I want to get the lockpick for mine as well. Thanks in advance.

No it did not. I bought a radio off a 2007 Jeep SRT-8, then sold mine. The swap from one to the other cost me a couple of hundred plus the lockpick.

Shit Jorge. If you ended up buying another radio, you should have slapped a MyGig RER in it and been done with it. MUCH nicer radio.:)

can we post a thread on how to remove the radio please??? and can someone explain what it would take to runt the mygig rer in our trucks I have nav, sat, and uconnect???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back