Resolved the "stuttering" issue...(with truck that is..)

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past few months maybe twice per day the truck while driving would act like it wants to die... the tach would go nuts, it would richen way up, and then return to normal.. all in matter of 1-2 seconds (barely enough time to see the tach bounce around...)

But it would never throw a code... so I had no idea where to look...

So, last night on the way back from dinner it did it again... but this time the CEL came on.... so I got it home, and found that it was a P1391, Intermittent Crank Position/Trigger Signal.

I unplugged the battery last night, and let it sit overnight.

This morning, I tore into the only place I could think of, and that was the location I spliced the Split Second box into harness at...

Did not find anything really interesting.. but figured that I would cut and reconnect all the wires, but this time instead of using solderless connectors, I decided to solder all of them...

So I drive it around for about 20 miles after I completed it... and seems to have taken care of the problem... it also seems to idle better now... maybe I had a loose wire or something... time will tell.

Mine was doing that a few months ago... It would actually stall at a traffic light. The dealer flashed the pcm and all was well again. :dontknow:

..... But, my truck is stock. :eek:

Black1 said:
Mine was doing that a few months ago... It would actually stall at a traffic light. The dealer flashed the pcm and all was well again. :dontknow:

..... But, my truck is stock. :eek:

I will have to drive it here for awile and make sure its OK.. but I think it solved my problem...

Black1 said:
Hey, if not, soldering your connections is always a good idea anyways. :dontknow: :)

I am pretty sure it was the issue... because it sounds better now... but it could be a placebo because I just worked on it... :D :nurse:

Since most of the sensor reading are based on voltage any minor resistance in a circuit can give negative results....................I ran into this a couple months ago when my truck was running extremely pig rich and idling too fast....turns out the shop that installed my exhaust broke a O2 sensor wire and soddered it back..:mad:

the same thing happened to mine...same code....moisture in the Split second controller....is yours under the hood?......car wash...?

moved the controller inside the car...presto....

Nowwhat said:
the same thing happened to mine...same code....moisture in the Split second controller....is yours under the hood?......car wash...?

moved the controller inside the car...presto....

Yeah.. its under the hood... maybe I will extend the wires and move it inside if the problem persists.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back