Rocker marks in valve cover

McLuvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey just looked inside my valve covers and noticed that the rocker has hit the valve cover each side in one spot. Is this normal? Weird if it is:dontknow:
valvecov.jpg

That will cause a bit of a tick.

No, just checked it. I believe, cyl 2 and 9 both have a tab that sits lower on the baffles. Both those tabs have marks from the rocker.. I guess I just bend the tabs away so it wont happen after reassembly. Just wondering if I am the only one. Don't reallly recall a tick, but heck its possbable it has had it since I bought the truck new so I wouldn't have noticed. Could it be caused by floating valves?

McLuvin said:
No, just checked it. I believe, cyl 2 and 9 both have a tab that sits lower on the baffles. Both those tabs have marks from the rocker.. I guess I just bend the tabs away so it wont happen after reassembly. Just wondering if I am the only one. Don't reallly recall a tick, but heck its possbable it has had it since I bought the truck new so I wouldn't have noticed. Could it be caused by floating valves?

i would think the rocker arm assembly would have to be loose not a floating valve ,,are bolts for them rockers tight??

hey i just went and checked my old baffles ,,i replaced my valave covers with a set xmetal tall valve cover ,for the roller rockers from harland ,,guess what they have the same marks on them ,,:Dso your ok

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back