ROE or PAXTON

dodgeff232

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is the best? I have been debating for a while on which one to buy. I want the best for stock internals. I don't want to tear into the motor yet.
Which is the easiest to install? :dontknow:

Here's the scoop.. The Paxton has more Potental while the Roe is kinda limited..
and at the same time the Roe delivers more torque down low where the paxton
will give you more HP up high.. my opinion? Go with the Roe if you want alot of
fun just driving around. if your gonna hit the track get the Paxton as that you can
pretty much do alot more with.. Both are awsome systems so it's more or less a
Win/Win :D :rock: happy decisions ;)

EDIT: i forgot to mention the Roe, to say the least, sounds AWSOME! i love that whine it makes :rock:
there are some video clips of it around here somewhere :D

Sharpi

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:
let your tuner pick....he has to make it work....
what he said, dont know enought about the paxton to say but i like the roe, i can imagine id pull just as hard for the paxton if i had it on my truck. shit i just like horsepower.:D

dodgeff232 said:
Which is the best? I have been debating for a while on which one to buy. I want the best for stock internals. I don't want to tear into the motor yet.

I didn't want to tear into the motor until a year later... guess what. It's going under the knife 4 months later. The damn tranny is holding up better :dontknow:

A search will yeild a ton of results this has been touched on quite a few times.

dodgeff232 said:
your safest bet on stock internals is no FI..........:D

from what i've heard the roe is very safe for stock internals, and besides deibs' unfortunate case, i have yet to hear one bad thing about it. the paxton is also a reliable system. the roe is good for street driving and makes a lot of power in the lower rpm's, and the paxton pulls hard in the higher rpms and is better for the track. ive seen a lot of paxtons with built internals making a lot of power, yet havent seen a roe with bottom end built. at least till deibs is done :D either way you should be safe on stock internals on a good street tune, but there is always that chance. personally, i would go with the roe, because i enjoy street driving and do not go to the track every day. however like mike said earlier, find a local tuner you can trust, and go with what he feels comfortable with. unless you want to ship it out. with forced induction, 90% of its reliability is in the tune :rock:

:rock: All I know is being supercharged in one of these "bad-boys" is the way to go. :burnout:

Quick

I have the Roe, but had a chance to drive a Paxton.

The Paxton had a sweet spot around 5000 rpm, it winded up fast at that point and it felt stronger than my Roe getting to the redline. It also "felt" like it really wanted to keep going. But up to 4500 rpm it was like a stock truck.

My truck accelerates differently, the boost is more "even" all the way to the redline but it doesn't "peak" like the Paxton. There is a lot of torque, so its a little trickier to manage the bottom end without spinning the tires.

My opinion is that for everyday driving where you don't go to the top end often, the low end torque is more useful for faster acceleration at any speed or rpm range. Its also fun to be able to smoke the tires at a twitch of the foot... but the Paxton is a more "serious" setup for racing, I think.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Hopefully we'll see a Roe vs Paxton at the Nats?
Keep in mind this debate over Roe vs Paxton has many variables. To make a true comparison all things must be equal. To take the driver error out of the equation would require two QC's with same shift points for starters..IMO

thanks for all the great advise you all have given me. thats why i like this forum so much.

dont know alot about the roe system, just what ive seen on Prof's truck, and it is a very nice system. I have a paxton on mine along with other mods, the only issue I have ever had was blowing of the after cooler a couple of times. after making a bracket that fits behind the after cooler I havent had a single problem. had it on the truck since 1,123 miles and i have 9k on it now, along with 4 good track days.

dodgeff232 said:

Easiest to install?

I haven't installed either but the Paxton has more parts, drains into your oil pan, requires additional fuel pumps and an intercooler.

Is that good or bad? I guess it is up to you...

I can't go with a Paxton because it can get too cold here, even in the summer months.

It's all about personal preference IMO. Of course, I like my N/A build. That cam thumping is the sweetest music to my ears.:rock:

Performance is all about money. 1Fast400 made his Roe go ungodly fast. Nowwhat made his Paxton go ungodly fast. Everyone knows the turbo trucks can haul butt.

My N/A truck out runs my neighbors base Paxton kit truck by a tenth at the track. He has Boomers base Paxton kit and his best pass is 12.6x. 1Fast is the only Roe truck that's ran under 12.5 (that I know of). I'm not slamming either one of those kits. They are both great kits with great potential. I'd love to have either one.

I am just saying it'll only go as fast as your wallet is big. If I spent as much on my N/A build as the blower guys are spending, I'd easily be in the 11s. I may even get there with my current set up with some good DA.

It's all about what YOU WANT. My advice is to drive one of each and decide based on your own first hand experience.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back