Saw a cop get shot today.

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading towards summit racing equipment, I was just driving along. There is a pontiac G8 pulled over by a state trooper. As I'm about 10 cars back, I hear the bang and the trooper falls into the closest lane of traffic. I immediately start stopping. The trooper gets up, and starts slowly walking to his cruiser while on his radio. The G8 takes off down the road. Seeing that the officer was well off enough to get to his car, I took off after the G8. I called into 911 while following the car. In the next 2 minutes, I had the lead officer on the phone. Over the next 15 minutes, I covered over 30 miles, burned over 8 gallons of fuel, and averaged a speed of 120, and up to the 140's at some points, while trying to relay where we were(on snow tires rated for only 100 mph!). At this point, after bottoming BadVic out over multiple expansion joints at triple digit speeds (while the G8 was falling apart), I started seeing marked State Trooper Charger units in the mirror. When they finally caught up after roughly 20 minutes from the start, I simply pulled off to the side of the road to leave the rest to the professionals. 10 minutes later, down the road, the G8 was in the median with at least a dozen units there. I sincerely believe that in the 20 minutes that it took to get real police to the scene, he would have just disappeared into the night. I'm probably the one that is stupid in this situation, but if I could go back, I would make the exact same choices again. Have a happy new year VTCOA! This could have been a lot worse than it was. Keep the officer in prayer.

You did you good deed for the day :congrats:
Hope the trooper came out of the situation ok.

Heading towards summit racing equipment, I was just driving along. There is a pontiac G8 pulled over by a state trooper. As I'm about 10 cars back, I hear the bang and the trooper falls into the closest lane of traffic. I immediately start stopping. The trooper gets up, and starts slowly walking to his cruiser while on his radio. The G8 takes off down the road. Seeing that the officer was well off enough to get to his car, I took off after the G8. I called into 911 while following the car. In the next 2 minutes, I had the lead officer on the phone. Over the next 15 minutes, I covered over 30 miles, burned over 8 gallons of fuel, and averaged a speed of 120, and up to the 140's at some points, while trying to relay where we were(on snow tires rated for only 100 mph!). At this point, after bottoming BadVic out over multiple expansion joints at triple digit speeds (while the G8 was falling apart), I started seeing marked State Trooper Charger units in the mirror. When they finally caught up after roughly 20 minutes from the start, I simply pulled off to the side of the road to leave the rest to the professionals. 10 minutes later, down the road, the G8 was in the median with at least a dozen units there. I sincerely believe that in the 20 minutes that it took to get real police to the scene, he would have just disappeared into the night. I'm probably the one that is stupid in this situation, but if I could go back, I would make the exact same choices again. Have a happy new year VTCOA! This could have been a lot worse than it was. Keep the officer in prayer.

Hats off to you!:congrats::rock:

Our country needs more folks like you. Thanks God for we still have men like you. Pray for the downed officer and again, hats off to you sir.

:congrats::rock::congrats::rock::congrats:

Hey Gecko, one less idiot in our neck of the woods... Cudos to you!

Thanks bro. I would have done the same thing. Im sure that guy in the g8 was like who the fu ck is chasing me?!?!?.

Nice! I'm glad it wasn't me. I would have pitted the guy and messed up my truck.

Great job!! At least you were driving a car that looked like a cop car.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back