SCT Tuner

4to10cyl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about the SCT tuner.

1) Has anyone gotten a towing tune for an RC?

2) Is the tuner only capable of putting the tunes on, returning to stock, and reading and clearing codes?

3) Is there still something in the works for datalogging?

4) Which vendors have had the best tunes in your opinion?

5) Do vendors usually charge for small updates? I kind of find it ridiculous to see that some vendors charge $50 an update when just changing things like gears. It takes literally less than a minute to do this. This is in reference to when I had HP Tuners. Not sure with SCT, but can't imagine it being too much differnt.

6) Is there any talk of ever opening it up to being able to do your own tunes on the fly?

I've probably got a ton of more questions, but that's all for now.

1) Has anyone gotten a towing tune for an RC?

Not that I know of but there should be no reason why you cant.

2) Is the tuner only capable of putting the tunes on, returning to stock, and reading and clearing codes?

For now that is it...best advantage you can load new tunes from emails.

3) Is there still something in the works for datalogging?

Supposed to be. It was due out in June but never happened.

4) Which vendors have had the best tunes in your opinion?

I think any Vendor here is top notch...Roe is my choice.

5) Do vendors usually charge for small updates? I kind of find it ridiculous to see that some vendors charge $50 an update when just changing things like gears. It takes literally less than a minute to do this. This is in reference to when I had HP Tuners. Not sure with SCT, but can't imagine it being too much differnt.

Depends on the vendor.

6) Is there any talk of ever opening it up to being able to do your own tunes on the fly?

Cant be done yet..if ever.

You could do your own tunes on the fly. You just have to purchase the tuner software. I think it is $1700 for one tuner. Here is the link.

Not only expensive but not advisable....use an experienced tuner.....bad things can and do happen when the inexperienced try to tune......and I dont think this system is an "on the fly" tuning....just data logs and let you write tunes..

TNVIPER said:
Not only expensive but not advisable....use an experienced tuner.....bad things can and do happen when the inexperienced try to tune......and I dont think this system is an "on the fly" tuning....just data logs and let you write tunes..

Yeah, I agree. I was fine tweaking around with my $1,500 2.4 Ecotec motor, and I did some tweaking with the LS1 in the T/a, but I don't think I would want to mess with tuning this beast on my own. I also started with base tunes though. Tuning is rather simple though if you can datalog and know safe parameters of everything. Widebands are another great tool. Just know your limits and stay away from them.

Tnviper, thanks for the answers!! I wish I could get a response from our vendors about questions I've had. I've emailed three of them now about tuning.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back