shifter knob with nitrous button

thjones3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have this? I found one I like, but the wire comes out of the threaded hole and I'm not sure I could drill the B&M shifter for the wire. Post up what you did and how you did it. Pics are always welcome ;)

I had an x-metal shifter with a hurst knob on top. i ran the wires down the front side of the shaft and then covered it with foil tape. i then trimmed the tape and the wires were hidden. the foil tape looks about like the finish on the shaft so it worked pretty well

I have a T handle with a button (use for line loc)..wire runs downs the side like Mutt said......I dont see how it could run thru the threads?:dontknow:

001.jpg

Thanks guys. I was thinking of the Gone in 60 seconds-style shifter. Any ideas on those?

I have the same set up as above but wrapped the the shaft and wires in leather.
Viper005.jpg

i wish i had pictures of mine i just wraped it nice and tightly and then put a small black zip tie and the very bottom of the shaft

This is a button that's used to silence the radar detector but I guess it could be used to activate anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 906
Black1 said:
:D :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

Exactly what I had in mind ;). I called the manufacturer yesterday. The wire actually comes out beside the threads, so I guess my question is a non-issue. I've been thinking on how to hide the wire. I like tsmith's idea, or something to that effect. I even considered heat-shrink tubing.:dontknow:

thjones3 said:
Exactly what I had in mind ;). I called the manufacturer yesterday. The wire actually comes out beside the threads, so I guess my question is a non-issue. I've been thinking on how to hide the wire. I like tsmith's idea, or something to that effect. I even considered heat-shrink tubing.:dontknow:
Take the shifter shaft to a machine shop and have a grove machined in the front face of the shaft. A light bead of silicon and the wire could be laid into the recess and never noticed again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back