Solving error code P1494 leak detection pump problem

master_328

Reaction score
Hi folks, I bought a SRT-10 with a taped CEL. The reason for the preowner to tape the check engine light is fault P1494.

I always get this fault stored after a cold start. I followed the procedure to solve the fault, but I didn`t suceed yet.

Gas cap seems to be ok, I can`t smell fuel or anything else

Hoses seem to be ok

Vacuum supply is ok (about 15 mmHg)

1. using the search, I read about a software update of the ECU. My truck is a yellow fever, so it should be from 2005. Is there any update available?

2. Point 5. in procedure says "ldp switch sence circuit short to ground"
resitance should not be more than 100 ohms. I measured 400 ohms

3. is there any possibility to solve this terrible prblem without removing the system. Can I maybe block a hose, so that the system always gets its vacuum?

Thanks for your help

Hi folks, I bought a SRT-10 with a taped CEL. The reason for the preowner to tape the check engine light is fault P1494.

I always get this fault stored after a cold start. I followed the procedure to solve the fault, but I didn`t suceed yet.

Gas cap seems to be ok, I can`t smell fuel or anything else

Hoses seem to be ok

Vacuum supply is ok (about 15 mmHg)

1. using the search, I read about a software update of the ECU. My truck is a yellow fever, so it should be from 2005. Is there any update available?

2. Point 5. in procedure says "ldp switch sence circuit short to ground"
resitance should not be more than 100 ohms. I measured 400 ohms

3. is there any possibility to solve this terrible prblem without removing the system. Can I maybe block a hose, so that the system always gets its vacuum?

Thanks for your help

I just removed mine and it worked fine! It did have water in the canister as many folks have reported over the years!

But there will be an error code if you remove it? I don`t want to have the CEL on...

Thanks for your input so far.

Which sensor do you mean? I left the LDP electrical plugged in and removed the vacuum line coming from the throttle body. I closed this line towards the engine. I don`t get the fault on every cold start now, but again got the code yesterday. Since I live in Germany and the regulations for imported cars are very strict, I want to have it look "bone stock". What exactly will keep the fault staying away? Should I remove also the 2 big hoses from the ldp?

Thanks

I had the code, I bought the pump online for $105 and replaced it in 10mins. Code is gone!

No error code if you leave the sensor plugged in.

I have done the removal and have not been able to get the code to go away, the sensor is plugged in. over a year now.

Is there a way of tuning this off? Old post figured mybe by now.
Thanks.

My issue is gone, problem solved by replacing the gas cap, yea, for simple fix that took me a year.
:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back