Someone over pay and buy it up hurry

The first one is NOT a new car, and if you REALLY wanted to you could sue them for false advertising. New means unused, at all. 15 miles is unacceptable. If you drive it 1 mile off the lot it is considered used. I used this same logic with a local dealer in 2003 for my 1500. It had 26 miles on it, sticker was $42,000. I told them I will pay $42,000 if they order me one just like it with under 1 mile on it. We played games back and forth, and I got it for $34,000. If I'm paying $77,000 I expect nobody else drove it, no excuses. I don't buy clothes someone else used, I don't buy a washing machine 'new' that someone did their laundry in once. It disgusts me that people fall for this garbage.

Totally disagree. Used vehicle means it has been titled. New means it hasn't. In fact sometimes cars arrive at the dealership from the factory with 25-75 miles. Manufacturers will randomly pick out cars to quality control. Now if you want a vehicle no one has test driven then I suggest ordering your vehicle from the dealer, but it will still need to go through the PDI process, which requires a 7 mile test drive. But by no means is it false advertisement because it has 15 miles on it. I just ran the vin on the first one and it is an unsold unit in dealer inventory which is considered new.

I know it varies by manufacturer, but I believe the Ford test track is 7 miles, all their cars will have completed the test track before being loaded on a truck to be delivered. So they all have at least 7 miles assuming no one has ever even test driven them.

when I bought my 2008 Mustang GT brand new it had a few miles on it. I put a few miles on it before buying it with a test drive. just the nature of things. it'll be test driven before purchase.

Stanimal.....I sort of agree with you, says being sold by "private owner" can't then be listed as NEW. new only comes from a dealer. dealers BUY their cars from the manufacturers, then sell to the public and don't pay any taxes to the states, , in some states this "private seller" can be fined money etc....if they are avoiding paying taxes and title fees...MSO titles are also red flags, I would be curious what title the "private seller" has in hand...then it would show that it has been used by two people...my $.02

If I am going spend some serious money on a car thru ebay or other on-line outlets I wouldn't buy it without first test driving it and looking it over and if older have a mechanic look it over also. Sorry but nice photos, fancy paint job and the sellers glorified descriptions simply doesn't pass the test for me. As for "new" once you drive it off the lot it is "used"..I don't care if it only has 10 miles on it...it is used.

#1900 had a bit over 8 miles on her when I picked her up new. I'm sure I purchased clothing that someone tried on in the fitting room.. :dontknow:Just sayin...

If you buy it from a dealer and it hasn't been titled, it is a "new" car. We bought my wife's last car from a dealer who didn't have the exact options we wanted, but another nearby dealer did. The two dealerships did a dealer trade, which is common thing. Her car showed up with 42 miles, but it was still a new car. She put another 120,000+ on it before we sold it, so that 42 didn't really make any difference.

Totally disagree. Used vehicle means it has been titled. New means it hasn't. In fact sometimes cars arrive at the dealership from the factory with 25-75 miles. Manufacturers will randomly pick out cars to quality control. Now if you want a vehicle no one has test driven then I suggest ordering your vehicle from the dealer, but it will still need to go through the PDI process, which requires a 7 mile test drive. But by no means is it false advertisement because it has 15 miles on it. I just ran the vin on the first one and it is an unsold unit in dealer inventory which is considered new.

100% true. I have seen new Nissans come in with 40 miles on them. Not including how many people test drive the car employees/customers. Before it actually gets sold.

If you buy it from a dealer and it hasn't been titled, it is a "new" car. We bought my wife's last car from a dealer who didn't have the exact options we wanted, but another nearby dealer did. The two dealerships did a dealer trade, which is common thing. Her car showed up with 42 miles, but it was still a new car. She put another 120,000+ on it before we sold it, so that 42 didn't really make any difference.

So, titled for the first time is considered the new car threshold huh? Yeah. I agree with that. I think if you walked into a bank or credit union to re-finance your vehicle with even one hundred miles on it, I'd say they would approve with great credit. I think that would still be considered relatively new.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back