speedometer not working

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the rear end in my roadrunner from the 04 r/c srt10. The car runs AWESOME but my speedometer is not working. I have the gauge cluster and every wire from the truck mounted in the car. The only thing that is not there is the abs module. Could this be why the speedometer is not working? Any help would be appreciated.:dontknow:

Definitely could be the reason it doesn't work. The speedometer and abs module both use wheel speed sensors to operate.

Thanks, I'm going to plug it in and see what happens. On another note, I'm driving the car from Houston to Gatlinburg in September. Was hoping that I could get a tuner on the way there. Where's your shop vprdwrd?

Thanks, I'm going to plug it in and see what happens. On another note, I'm driving the car from Houston to Gatlinburg in September. Was hoping that I could get a tuner on the way there. Where's your shop vprdwrd?

Dang I wish my September wasn't so packed. Id love to see this thing.

Schuylkill Haven, PA

Dang that's far from me. I would love to see some of your rides. When I get me a viper I'll make a road trip there. Plugged in the abs module and the speedometer works now but it is off. Can I reprogram the computer to make it accurate? I thought the speed sensor being on the rear end it would know the speed. It's about 10 mph or more off. It has 4.10 gears with a 26" tall tire.

Dang that's far from me. I would love to see some of your rides. When I get me a viper I'll make a road trip there. Plugged in the abs module and the speedometer works now but it is off. Can I reprogram the computer to make it accurate? I thought the speed sensor being on the rear end it would know the speed. It's about 10 mph or more off. It has 4.10 gears with a 26" tall tire.

Our stock tire is a 33" tire approximately. That is where your speed difference comes in to play. Some PCMs you can change pinion factor or tire size to adjust speedometer, I'm not 100% it can be done in our PCMs since they only came with one tire size and one gear ratio in each model year.

If you are only using one speed sensor you could change the gear in it to read correct. At least you usetacould.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

If you are only using one speed sensor you could change the gear in it to read correct. At least you usetacould.

This set up uses speed sensors, no speedo gear to change.

This set up uses speed sensors, no speedo gear to change.
Kinda figured as much. Been forever since I've messed with speed sensor on anything. Changed the gear in a many of trans back in the da.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back