srt-10 hood weight?

black pearl said:
Anyone know the weight of our stock hoods :dontknow:

When I helped carry the brand new one I purchased it was in a cardboard box, and I would say minus the box it weighed at least 70lbs.

Not scientific but hope it gives you some help.:dontknow:

with that much weight difference, did ya still use the hood shocks from the stock hood???

ZCx said:
with that much weight difference, did ya still use the hood shocks from the stock hood???

NOPE.. The hood shocks are now used as hood props. One shock alone props the hood for about 15 seconds before decending. That gives me enough time to get over to the other end and use the other "prop." They work well together in that capacity. :dontknow: That's the best I could do for the time being.

seems like that much weight reduction the stock shocks would shoot the hood over the bed & harder than hell to close

there should be some kind of formula/chart to get a pair of hood shocks for the carbon fiber set up

Venom Power said:
I weighed my stock hood (without grill assemby) right at 77 lbs.

Gad! I haven't been in the gym in years, can't believe I called it that close.:D

supercar1of1 said:

Gad! I haven't been in the gym in years, can't believe I called it that close.:D

:dontknow: Because you're that good John.. Now post up some :deal:lottery numbers if you would sir...

ZCx said:
seems like that much weight reduction the stock shocks would shoot the hood over the bed & harder than hell to close

there should be some kind of formula/chart to get a pair of hood shocks for the carbon fiber set up

With both shocks attached the rear of the hood sticks up too high and YES, collectively they would throw the hood up really quick. So I would think one shock would be enough to hold up the "replacement," but that apparently isn't the case. With one shock it doesn't hold up so well because the CF hood weight is right at what each of the shocks are rated for alone. I suppose with the shock contact point under the hood, and on one side too, leverage works greatly against it. I guess the engineers chose shocks rated to hold exactly 38.5 lbs (+/- a few) each to compensate for the 77 lb. stock hood weight.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
:dontknow: Because you're that good John.. Now post up some :deal:lottery numbers if you would sir...

I wish, Truth is more like,'A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then'.:eek:

supercar1of1 said:

I wish, Truth is more like,'A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then'.:eek:

Well, putting it delicately, there's LOT'S of nuts around here (in case you didn't notice).. So, with that in mind, you're in damn good luck.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back