Stage 8 header bolts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jumpingjoe628, Mar 5, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. Jumpingjoe628

Jumpingjoe628 Full Access Member

So I’ve been seeing a couple different part numbers and different lengths for these bolts.
    8909-B and 8909. The B model length says 1” while the regular number says .0875” or 7/8ths. Which one is correct for our engines?

2. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Is the application for Headers or OEM Exhaust Manifolds?

3. Srt10650

Srt10650 Full Access Member

I have stage 8 header bolts on my truck with headers. Part number is 8909.

4. Jumpingjoe628

Yeah I should’ve mentioned that.
    It’s headers. Just got my Belanger longtubes yesterday. Didnt really dawn on me about some good bolts till I saw what came in the box.ni had such issues with my vette and the hooker supercomp sidepipes. Kept losing header bolts. And also learned my lesson with the gaskets, always go copper.
    First I burned 2 sets of gaskets before finally getting the copper set and then had issues with losing bolts. I got the Stage 8 bolts and never had a single issue after that. Not like it was a daily either, between all the down time, tuning and modding other bits on that car it was barely driven but I know I lost like 4-5 bolts in a couple months.

Looks like I have to get a gasket for the collectors as it appears I didn’t get any with the kit.anything special for it?

5. rottenronnie

At this point, it really depends on how thick your header flanges are. Screw a few in finger tight WITHOUT the header and see if they bottom out. Once bottomed, if they stick out further than the thickness of your flanges, go with the sorter ones. :) Always had great luck with the oem exhaust gaskets.

Kiwi SRT10 likes this.
  6. Jumpingjoe628

Just read he instructions....just use permatex ultra copper.

7. Jumpingjoe628

I know but I don’t wanna wait for more parts to come once I’m in process. The Belanger bolts are 1” and comes with washers...

8. rottenronnie

I'm using a 7/8" long Grade 5 bolt on my B&B's. That's the distance from the washer under the cap to the end of the threads. Better a bit short than too long!

9. rottenronnie

One inch long should be dandy

10. Jumpingjoe628

1” was for the 12 point version, .875” was double hex (6 point?). I got the shorter ones, they should work.

11. rottenronnie

You should be fine.

12. Kiwi SRT10

Kiwi SRT10 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Either way it is still getting exciting.

13. rottenronnie

Hey Kiwi!!

Our Regular Gas dropped to 89 cents per liter yesterday because of either-

A. The Corona Virus or
    B. Putin and The Middle East are squaring off again.

Is yours down as well??

Kiwi SRT10 likes this.
  14. Kiwi SRT10

Yes it is starting to move now...reluctantly. I can see more truck time in my near future. This is great news.
    You don't get Corona Virus if you put lime in it lol 100 million Mexicans can't be wrong.

AMS3 likes this.
  15. rottenronnie

HAHAHA

Yes, they showed people on TV RUNNING through Costco to buy bottled water and toilet paper.
    Staged or what...

Always something to kill us off: SARS, Legionnaire's disease, AIDS, Justin Bieber, Justin Trudeau, pick one...

That's why I don't watch the news...

Kiwi SRT10 likes this.
  16. Kiwi SRT10

The power of the media. All media in NZ is owned by only 2 companies. That is 2 people organising what you are to think.
    Abuse of power. This is exactly what happened in Germany in the 1930's If you are told the same thing often enough eventually you will believe it.

AMS3 and rottenronnie like this.
  17. Jumpingjoe628

As soon as things around the household settle down (newborn, lol) I’ll have enough time to get wrenching on the 10. In the meantime this corona crap is very entertaining to say the least, hahaha! They can call it whatever they want by digging deeper and identifying whatever variable cells are different and give it a new but it’s just a cold. People just need to cover their mouth and wash their hands. All 3 of us were sick recently, with little one just about over it now. As far as weak immune systems being affected the worst with corona, she was born 3 months early (1.9 lbs) and stayed in the NICU for another 5 months. Was told she is underdeveloped (including immune system) and that she should avoid the public until she’s a year old. So a visit to Grammy and Grampy has to wait till about April unfortunately.
    Part of my job as a fire inspector / technician is doing sprinkler walk through inspections, inside people’s apartment bldgs. 200-300 in a day, looking for painted heads and other defects...in every single room and space in their apt. At every inspection there are at least 5 apts that a has sick person in it and who knows how many more that we’re sick or not home when we enter.nso I’m very susceptible to being exposed to illness. I only get sick once every 3-5 years. My wife on the other hand gets sick at least 5 times a year. So our daughter has a mixed chance being so new we don’t know how strong she is yet. So far she recovered from her first cold successfully.

Wash yo hands people, Hahahaha!!

AMS3, rottenronnie and Kiwi SRT10 like this.
  18. Kiwi SRT10

The average age of people dying from Corona Virus is 81 so far 70% have made full recovery and no one knows how many people have had it and didn't know as it is just a flu.
    The main issue is having underlying medical issues/ respiratory illness or problems with immune system. Other than that we are fine. Keep your baby safe tho. Could be risky.....but who would know, better safe

AMS3, Jumpingjoe628 and rottenronnie like this.
  19. AMS3

AMS3 Well-Known Member

I only watch Fox News, CNN and the like are nothing more than propaganda machines. They have over hyped this virus as far as I'm concerned. I just bought some oil stocks yesterday, and it's already gone up. Ya'll should look at it as well.

20. AMS3

AMS3 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the little one! I remember those days, the worst for me was changing a soiled diaper. Stupid gag reflex would kick in everytime, and the wife would be laughing her butt off. As for the virus, stay safe, and follow your advice about covering your mouth and washing hands. We have a few cases here in Ga, and I heard one of my co workers was tested yesterday, still waiting on the results. Sure hope he doesn't have it, because we both went to a car show this past Saturday. Here is a link for anyone interested on a live virus tracker.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6