Standing Mile - Who's going??

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Mickey is busy getting his truck ready and asked me to get this going for him. First off we want to know how many guys are going to this event. Just to get an idea of what we need to bring to make this a cool GTG (ie, tents, chairs, drinks, food, etc.) He also told me that he has a tent with some chairs, and a portable bbq to grill up some food since this is going to be an entire day event. Let's all try to bring a little something.

I'll be there. I also have a tent and a few chairs. Is this (or should this) be a bring your own food/drinks? I haven't read the website, can we bring bottles, tents, BBQ's and stuff?

i am going down w/ my bro...will bring a cooler w/ adult beverages and chairs. prob bring some dogs and buns and some chips. prob a can of skoal winter green too...and my fish pole

Ok so far we got.

Litemup
Santeen
Walbert
Rice Eater
Black Viper

Guess besides Mickey, I'm the only one coming down from the north? What time does everyone plan on getting there?

walbert said:
Guess besides Mickey, I'm the only one coming down from the north? What time does everyone plan on getting there?

I think Ricey lives in Ft. Laud you might want to hook up with him. If not I could probably meet up with you on I-75 near my house and head down together from there.

I will not be there till noon. You guys have to save me a spot.

Damn wish I could make it but I didn't realize it was same weekend as the regatta. You guys take some video fir ms and I'll take some video and good pics for you!! :rock: :D

kickinassrt-10 said:
Damn wish I could make it but I didn't realize it was same weekend as the regatta. You guys take some video fir ms and I'll take some video and good pics for you!! :rock: :D

Sounds like a fair enough trade :D Better get some good pics. I know what the regatta is all about. :D

scoobert said:
I wish it was in January, that's when i will be there.

If the event runs through without any mishaps,I was told that it will be back in January!!:rock:

Mickey, What time are you heading down?

walbert said:
Mickey, What time are you heading down?

Not sure about the time I'll start out,But I plan on being there around 7:00am.

1qksrt said:
Not sure about the time I'll start out,But I plan on being there around 7:00am.

WoW. It shows I am a little over 2 hours from there. You must be 3-3.5
Gonna be an early morning for you.

Just a FYI for the guys going

7:00 Gates open
7:15 Tech lane open
7:30 first 15 will run slow course drive through.
7:40 to 8:40 first 15 (HeadStart group) will run.
8:45 slow course drive through for all participants
9:00 Open to spectators.
Between 9:00 and 9:15 Group A will start run, after several runs Group B than C will run. This will continue throughout the day.

Noon time runs closed for 30 minutes.
12:30 Runs resume through the close of day.
Course closes 30 minutes before Sunset approximately 5 pm.

RULES

MILEMARKER 1 RULES- All driver's must be 18 years and older with valid driver's license. - All participants must sign release waiver.- All minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian and fill out release waiver for the minor or minors. - All spectators must sign a waiver. Added 9.2.09- No minors in staging lanes.- No minors operating any motorized equipment inside the airfield strip. - No spectators in staging lanes. - All pit crew members must wear provided wristband at all times. - No pets allowed inside the fence or airfield. - MileMarker-1 crew will monitor and enforce all the rules. - No Barbecue pits allowed inside the airfield fence. - Barbecues operated outside the fence, must have fire extinguisher visible with in a few feet of grille. - All spectators, non tow and support vehicles park outside the airfield fence. - rule removed Revised 9.2.09. - rule removed. Revised 9.2.09- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL INSIDE AIRFIELD STRIP.- Under no circumstances will driver's be allowed to drive if found drinking alcohol anywhere. Any driver suspect to alcohol drinking or under the influence of drugs will not be allowed to drive. - No bottles allowed anywhere on the grounds. - Spectators and participants responsible for moving their trash and discarded items.- Speed limit is 5 mph, in all areas of the airfield except for the course run and return lane. - No firearms allowed inside the airfield fence. Official police officers working as security have an exception to this rule. - No smoking inside the airfield fence. - All tents set up, MUST be secure or you will be asked to take it down. Revised 9.2.09

We need to get a good spot just outside the fence. If we are doing a BBQ, I can bring an extinguisher.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back