Start Button Issues ?

SRT10FOUR

Reaction score
Anyone ever have any intermittent issues where the start button needs to be held down rather than the usual momentary push to start?

I have a brand new battery that I had checked out by the shop and they said everything is perfect with the alternator charging, the battery, the cables, voltage, etc. but I couldn’t leave it with them to inspect further.

But about once every 50 starts, it requires me to either hold down the start button or mash it like a Nintendo controller for the truck to start. And everything ends up being just fine. Next 49 starts are perfect lol ?

Time to buy or starting looking for a {fun} button before it goes completely bad and they are no more, if not already

Anyone ever have any intermittent issues where the start button needs to be held down rather than the usual momentary push to start?

I have a brand new battery that I had checked out by the shop and they said everything is perfect with the alternator charging, the battery, the cables, voltage, etc. but I couldn’t leave it with them to inspect further.

But about once every 50 starts, it requires me to either hold down the start button or mash it like a Nintendo controller for the truck to start. And everything ends up being just fine. Next 49 starts are perfect lol ?

Could be the PCM and the way it's interpreting the signal, if it's doing it every 50th start, or mimicing some other increment or pattern. If it's just sort of random, I'd bet the copper contacts inside the swich are worn down. You may be able to take the switch apart and clean the contacts with alcohol and possilby use tweezers to gently bend them outward just a tad.

Starter Push Button Ignition Switch RAM SRT10 Viper OEM – Viper Parts Depot

Here ya go, brotato chip.

If it's a manual it can also be the clutch pedal switch. I am going to remove the one on my truck as it is a serious pain in the rear

I can't believe you really count!!! LOL LOL

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back