Steering Hard Pulls ‍♂️ + ABS Module Again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SRT10FOUR, Sep 18, 2021.

Car Parts
  1. SRT10FOUR

SRT10FOUR Member

Howdy!

So I was wondering what you guys think is the cause of my truck always pulling really hard when I am on the highway and go over imperfections in the road? Every time I drive over some kind of pothole or other highway imperfection, my truck will pull hard whichever direction my wheel is slightly turned, even if I’m going pretty much straight. It’s always done this, but still does it even after getting new tires mounted and balanced (stock rims) and an alignment. So I’m curious what I could upgrade to fix this issue? (Steering rack bushings, I don’t know what to even look at upgrading? Haha)

My other concern is it appears that my 2nd ABS module has failed yet again. I have a 2005 SRT10, can I put the 2006 ABS module in there, or must I only replace it with a 2004/5 ABS module?

thanks guys!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    AMS3 likes this.
  2. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Had that same problem years ago .. hit a uneven road repair area and the truck jerkd into the other lane .. that was when i took it in To be looked at ... had a wear pattern somewhat on the fromt tires ... turns out the alignment and the tire wear was enough to make it unstable .. put new tires on and got the alignment no more problems since. I require a good alignment shop many have no idea how to use the equipment to get it right .. luckily i had one . .

AMS3 likes this.
  3. AMS3

AMS3 Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue when I bought my truck in 2019. I replaced all front and rear suspension, upper and lower ball joints and control arms, front sway bushings, etc. Good to go. Dodge front ends don't hold up to well. My last truck was also a 2005 QC SLT, and I had to replace everything in the front end at around 75K miles. I decided to change everything plus front wheel bearings shortly after getting my 10.

Srt10650 and VIPR PWR like this.