Steering Wheel Vibration

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So just put on my new cooper xsta tires. Not bad I must say for the price. A little louder than the BFGs. So I drove to work this morning and noticed that I have a weird vibration above 75 mph. I had the tires balanced and they told me my one rim was a little bent so they fixed it the best they could. It was on the front drivers side they moved it to the back. Could this be the problem or should I tell them to re-balance them because this has never happened before the new tires. Any help would be appreciated!

Did the BFG's have any poor wear indication? With new tires you will have rubber where you aren't used to . there could be some alignment issues you are now becoming aware of.

After 6 sets of tires I've learned ours should only be Road Forced balanced...no spin balance.

Hey guys. So just put on my new cooper xsta tires. Not bad I must say for the price. A little louder than the BFGs. So I drove to work this morning and noticed that I have a weird vibration above 75 mph. I had the tires balanced and they told me my one rim was a little bent so they fixed it the best they could. It was on the front drivers side they moved it to the back. Could this be the problem or should I tell them to re-balance them because this has never happened before the new tires. Any help would be appreciated!

One Wheel is bent? There's your problem. How does a moron working in a tire shop fix a bent aluminum wheel.

You need a new wheel.

One Wheel is bent? There's your problem. How does a moron working in a tire shop fix a bent aluminum wheel.

You need a new wheel.

Paid $159 to a wheel straightening shop to straighten my bent rim. Worked. :dontknow: It can be done but not by just any ole tire shop.

You need a new wheel.

About 6yrs ago I had a local tire shop clamp down on the rim so tight it ovaled the rim...ruined. I've had many rims fixed in the past (past work experience) but had trouble finding a shop to fix this particular problem. Tire shop did the right thing and cut me a check for a new rim as neither of us could come up with alternative way to save the rim. I stuck it away until just recently.

We had a get together when one of the guys mentioned he worked/owned a rim repair shop here in Phx. Asked him about mine and he said bring it by...they had new equip that could probably get it back round. Just picked it up last week....perfect! Sending it off to PermaStar for coating today.

Agreed. Wheels can be straightened, repaired, etc.
My point was this guy in the tire shop was not fixing anything hence the current vibration.

This is probably the most common vibration people deal with. There’s an important distinction to be made with steering wheel vibrations. Does the vibration happen all the time while you're driving, or just when you step on the brakes?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back