Stereo Upgrade

johnnybravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent the past week getting my new stereo installed. All the speakers are Infinity Kappas, got an Apline amp, and a Kenwood Excellon DVD player. Already sounds better than the stock set-up and the speakers aren't even broken in yet. Here's a few quick shots I of took the headunit.

Attachments

• background1.jpg
    background1.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 2,287
  • background2.jpg
    background2.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 388
johnnybravo said:
I've spent the past week getting my new stereo installed. All the speakers are Infinity Kappas, got an Apline amp, and a Kenwood Excellon DVD player. Already sounds better than the stock set-up and the speakers aren't even broken in yet. Here's a few quick shots I of took the headunit.
Very nice bro, I have the Infinities in my wifes car. Sounds great.

amtrucker22 said:
Is that an 819? That is what I have and it is a great head unit!

Yeah buddy! I'm still trying to figure all the functions on it and fine tune the sound. It's a sweet ass receiver. Especially the hide-away box so you don't need to cram all the wiring behind the dash.

johnnybravo said:
Do your steering/wheel controls still work?

Quick

I used a pac-swi adapter to make my steering wheel controls to work. It is one of my favorite options!

QuickSilver said:
Do your steering/wheel controls still work?

Quick

No, they don't work with the regular wiring harness. I think every aftermarket headunit requires the pac-swi adapter for the steering wheel controls.

I use the PAC SWI-X for my touchscreen Alpine. It was installed about 3 years ago and works great. I guess since then PAC must have made newer kits.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back