Striker Cam Dyno Day

oldcolt

Striker Heads and Cam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some video's of my dyno testing yesterday. If you haven't been following the Striker Cam Tread, the base #'s were 387/410 and after with the Striker Cam and Plus 1 tune, 472/509.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4M7APYogTA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dodge Ram SRT10 Striker Cam Dyno Test[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGGahzfgTA]YouTube - Dodge Ram SRT10 Striker Cam Dyno Test 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-4DIL4Ypo]YouTube - Dodge Ram SRT10 Striker Cam Dyno Test 3[/ame]

Dude thats some good numbers for a cam and tune WOW :rock:

I really pleased with the results. Rottenronnie and Jason did a fantastic job of sorting out my cam woes and setting things up for future mods.:rock::rock:

was that a "mail order" tune from DC

Ron set things up with Chris. We are sending some info back to Chris to get another tune. We had initially put a very conservative tune in from DC, so I could drive the truck.

was that a "mail order" tune from DC

A "custom" mail-order tune, I'd call it. ;) There is (safely) more power lurking in Burt's truck...

With the new high-speed/high resolution datalogger, we can send all of the information from any (especially problematic) Viper powered vehicles
and nail the tunes down in a very short time.

Seriously, his truck is not even completely broken in yet. Until now "It's never worked a day in it's life".

It's hard to put into words how sleepy his truck used to be.

Ronnie

Last edited:
you have Striker heads & cam to match correct???? so there is more to get out of her???

just curious.

i'm runnin the "basic" bolt ons with a Torrie hands on tune & my numbers are 471/518

you have Striker heads & cam to match correct???? so there is more to get out of her???

just curious.

i'm runnin the "basic" bolt ons with a Torrie hands on tune & my numbers are 471/518

I have Strikers and Cam on my own truck. 577/607TQ through the auto.
Burt has a Striker Cam only, not the heads............ (yet). ;)

just curious.

No heads yet. Like Ron said, there is some more tuning to go. Ron might elaborate on how altitude might change the results a bit.:)

ok. thanks.

so by what have been said over the years, the stock heads will be the limitin factor right now????

No heads yet. Like Ron said, there is some more tuning to go. Ron might elaborate on how altitude might change the results a bit.:)

It won't change the Corrected HP/TQ Numbers from Friday, but your truck will pick up AT LEAST 10% in actual power, just by driving west, to sea-level.
So, corrected numbers are already sea-level numbers during anyone's dyno session...

Last edited:
It won't change the Corrected HP/TQ Numbers from Friday, but your truck will pick up AT LEAST 10% in actual power, just by driving west, to sea-level.

dam, how high is he????:dontknow:

dam, how high is he????:dontknow:

Mean altitude here is 3557 feet, BUT we have rather unique conditions on this side of the Rockies which can put out Density Altitude at 6800 feet or higher.
That kicks the crap out of performance (at the track).

Driving from Calgary to the coast (on just an average coastal day WITHOUT any negative D.A. numbers) is like installing a 2.5+ p.s.i. forced induction kit.

Ronnie

Last edited:
Mean altitude here is 3557 feet, BUT we have rather unique conditions on this side of the Rockies which can put out Density Altitude at 6800 feet or higher.
That kicks the crap out of performance (at the track).

Driving from Calgary to the coast (on just an average coastal day WITHOUT any negative D.A. numbers) is like installing a 2.5+ p.s.i. forced induction kit.

That's what I meant!:D:D

What kind of dyno is this on? Performance Plus in saskatoon has a MD 1100 chassis dyno. Next time im over there I'll do a couple pulls and see what kind of numbers im running. Then I might have to head over to alberta for some tunes.

What kind of dyno is this on? Performance Plus in saskatoon has a MD 1100 chassis dyno. Next time im over there I'll do a couple pulls and see what kind of numbers im running. Then I might have to head over to alberta for some tunes.

An eddy-current (loading style) chassis dyno, like the Mustang dyno is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back