Striker head results? post up!

SCVette

Reaction score
Who has gotten their heads on and dynoed their truck?
It should be time to get some real world results from these.
Please post up here the mods(cam, exhaust, charged induction, etc) and dyno results for engines with the Striker heads.

Thanks,
Taylor

Not dynoed her yet man. Can't wait to see what they with a paxton will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

womsterr said:
Not dynoed her yet man. Can't wait to see what they with a paxton will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word up. Plus 10% overdrive, meth injection.... This board should be crawling with bad ass trucks before the year's out.:rock:

Better link still is this one from Exotic Engines, who did the build. Follow this link for a series of tests with the Striker heads:

http://www.exoticengine.net/

...and as much as some of you like to take free license with spelling, it is STRIKER not STRYKER, unless you're referring to an SVS package or the Dutch-made Stryker automobile. <end rant>

Last edited:
Sorry about the spelling. I've seen it done both ways. I initially had striker then changed it thinking someone would correct me :)

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Sorry about the spelling. I've seen it done both ways. I initially had striker then changed it thinking someone would correct me :)
Spell it however you want Dave.... Eric is just anal :D :p

I replaced my harmonic balancer pulley with an ATI (a little bigger), is this what you are referring to as a 10% overdrive? If not can u please elaborate....thanks brotha. Dan Cragin also says that we can put a larger pulley on the crank/ underdrive to boost it up a little more. I have 2 pulleys that Im gonna try. One that is for 10 lbs of boost and one for 15 lbs. Im gonna see if I run out of fuel.

Blakewilder said:
I replaced my harmonic balancer pulley with an ATI (a little bigger), is this what you are referring to as a 10% overdrive? If not can u please elaborate....thanks brotha. Dan Cragin also says that we can put a larger pulley on the crank/ underdrive to boost it up a little more. I have 2 pulleys that Im gonna try. One that is for 10 lbs of boost and one for 15 lbs. Im gonna see if I run out of fuel.

Correct. ATI offers both a standard diameter and a larger overdrive diameter for the lower blower pulley (same thing you bought, and what Dan's talking about). The ATI pulley you and I chose has an outer half that is a larger than the standard diameter, yielding approximately 10% higher speed on the supercharger. So, any reduction in supercharger's pulley size (even more overdrive) is going to be increased by that same percentage. If you haven't already, find out if those pullies are 10 & 15 lbs with or without the larger crank pulley. Wouldn't want to get more boost than you were expecting...:D

I beleive it was Stryker originally but was then changed to Striker due to some name issues.

Ilmor Engine Packages?

What is Illmore doing to get the 550Hp and 625HP Marine engines? I thought it might just be remapping of the computer but that might make for the 550 engine. What is different about the 625HP one?

I do know they won't sell you any of their marine components(pulleys, fuel cover, etc) unless you can prove you have a Illmor Viper engine.

Anyone know for sure. I figure some of the Offshore Powerboat guys know.

Isn't there a member on this site who owns or runs the budweiser offshore cats that Tomlison drives? He would know the difference between our Dodge SRT built engines and the Illmor ones.

Just asking. Never saw a thread on this.

Kevin

A couple of things. The boat motor drives no accessories other than and alternator, it has basically an open exhaust with no cats, and finally it has an unlimited amount of cool water to run through it. May have a different cam, honestly I don't know.

Boatracer is on the old forum...not sure if he's a member here. Real nice guy.

He runs the Budweiser Select Offshore Racing boat is the OSS series. In fact he won the National Championship last week I beleive. Twin SC'd Sterlings...something to see!

Toronto-4.jpg

Mine is up and running....had some prelim dynos yesterday...Very happy so far. The truck is not trimmed out completely tho....just a base package with no additional boost, or flash etc....still has stock ECU just tuning with VEC. were getting 9 lbs of boost with the sealed airbox and the stock Paxton pulley. The Srikers got reworked by my machinist to increase exhaust flow....they flowed some VERY nice numbers....

Blakewilder said:
Mine is up and running....had some prelim dynos yesterday...Very happy so far. The truck is not trimmed out completely tho....just a base package with no additional boost, or flash etc....still has stock ECU just tuning with VEC. were getting 9 lbs of boost with the sealed airbox and the stock Paxton pulley. The Srikers got reworked by my machinist to increase exhaust flow....they flowed some VERY nice numbers....

Well... :dontknow: Stop being a tease phugger! :D Give us at least a rough idea of the numbers...

Will

Once we get the belt slippage deal under control then we can pump up the boost....With a cogged belt system im gonna push for 15 lbs of boost. thats the plan Boomer and I were discussing last night. The serpentine belt system can only take so much, then it starts glazing and slipping. Preliminary numbers are lookiong good tho....solid 9-9.5 lbs of boost with the stock Paxton pulley and the sealed airbox intake....Cant wait to see what we get with the bigger harmonic balancer pulley and larger underdrive pulley with the smaller blower pulley.....hopoing for 11-12 lbs :)

I'm curious how on a stock paxton setup which from the manufacturer says up to 8 psi of boost your getting 9-9.5 with the stock pulley. I've got DC's sealed airbox and the stock pulley and dont get anything over 7 or maybe 7.5 at 6000 rpm in 3rd gear with a track elevation of 1900 feet (from the boost gauge in the truck).

I'm talking myself into keeping the truck and I'm sure I have more power left in her. Given the upgraded internals I think a few more pounds of boost wont hurt me or the motor so I'd like to up it a bit more.

Keep us updated Blake, we're all rootin' for ya :)

Paxtons site says 7-8, I'm curious how some of the forum guys are getting more. Dan at DC said with the sealed airbox you could maybe get another pound or so which could explain Blakes readings. I'd sure like to see a solid 8 out of mine much less 9.

I know man...I would go every weekend, but we dont have a 1/4 track (within a 150 mile radius), but Im going to the 1/8 track the next chance I get...

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back