SUB/AMP aftermarket installation methods

JaCeD_X

S i c k S i d e
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having some difficulty with this aftermarket sub/amp install! There is a member on here that used certain equipment and method to get it working

I've replicated this and many others... still to no avail.

The problem lies when I tap into the factory amp harness (the one under the center console - RC) like this member did. The signal my sub gets is... muffled and has no bass, better choice of word would be a "muddy" sound.

Now I've tried a LOC (adjustable). It made the sound worse. I've even hooked directly through the factory amp harness with the female connector from the factory amp (which I disassembled to use with the RCA/split) to the appropriate wires and still got a terrible sound. The RCA's I'm using are fine.

As a last resort, I've even hooked up the sub directly to the factory amp harness to the appropriate wires and still got that muddy sound, but had some bass.

Now it's not the amp and it's not the sub. Amp and HU have been adjusted consistently throughout the testing. Same results. I've ran this sub and amp on another vehicle and they work great! so I've crossed-that-off.

I want to keep the HU, I'm not looking for any replacements of speakers. I just want some more thump than what came with the truck at a cost effective solution. I had a spare sub/amp kicking around, thought I'd do some research and find out what can be done.

Is there a harness for the '05 RC HU that comes with RCA pre-outs? How is it a member set his up the same way and it sounds great, yet with mine, it does not.

Perhaps someone has a wiring diagram or solution to tap somewhere else, almost guarantee it will sound better. I've spent so much time trying to narrow it all down, now I need some help with this.

cimg3824.jpg

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back