suspension

tom gazzano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone changed their front end suspension for gripping the road better. the bumpsteer is horrible. On a road that is not smooth the truck goes all over the road. I was wondering if a stabilizer shock would help?

We kind'a went thru that a few years back.... I went to Hotchkiss and asked him if he'd do a sway bar kit.... At that time, he said no... But I heard a rumor that something may be available now.... Also some guys shortened the arms on the front- Patrick did it for mine.....

Trouble is, the bumpsteer may never disappear completely..... There's a bunch'a kits and shit, too.... Changing the tires from those square shouldered Pirelli's will also help ...

D

What bump steer kits are avaliable ? ive saw some people used a mustang II kit but i was looking for a flip kit for the tie rods. I think if we could get the tie rod angle better i think that would fix alot of our problems

I have no idea, I drive a Nissan........... ;)

Sorry... I just never got one, myself...

D

Tom, this is what i did to mine. No more bump steer.

Attachments

• HPIM0634.JPG
    HPIM0634.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 62
  • HPIM0628.JPG
    HPIM0628.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 66
  • HPIM0633.JPG
    HPIM0633.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 59
Cowboy-Up said:
Tom, this is what i did to mine. No more bump steer.

How many miles do you have on this setup? And what is it that you need to ?

you can use a ford mustang flip kit deal, it uses like qa1 ends , I just cant do them:eek: too much possiblility of damage, but I used a kit from a mustang on mine, now the thing I dont like is it dont give you correct angled washers, but I think there was someone out there that sold them, but google mustang bump steer kit, I think the one I used was from steeda

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
you can use a ford mustang flip kit deal, it uses like qa1 ends , I just cant do them:eek: too much possiblility of damage, but I used a kit from a mustang on mine, now the thing I dont like is it dont give you correct angled washers, but I think there was someone out there that sold them, but google mustang bump steer kit, I think the one I used was from steeda

would this be a good set up for a DD ???????????

i'm concerned bout road grime eatin up the rod end.

i know they make greaseable rod ends, be a help, but have not been able to find any booty's for them

ZCx said:
would this be a good set up for a DD ???????????

i'm concerned bout road grime eatin up the rod end.

i know they make greaseable rod ends, be a help, but have not been able to find any booty's for them
thats why I cant really sell them, but I will say from personal experience mine has about 10,000 miles but they need replaced, the rod ends are a wearable item, and must be checked regularly, I would suggest every oil change that they are checked , cleaned and oiled;)

You can also ream the steering knuckle to flip your outer tie rod. The problem then becomes the tie rod slapping the lower control arm if you hit a bump too hard. It might work okay with some offset rack bushings.

It's more than a rumor... search is your friend. :) I did a writeup of my Hotchkis install last year. I'm on my phone, so can't find the link right now.

Django said:
We kind'a went thru that a few years back.... I went to Hotchkiss and asked him if he'd do a sway bar kit.... At that time, he said no... But I heard a rumor that something may be available now....

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back