Texas bunch Dyno #s and pics

i know my stock heads were at 10.3 compression and thats pushing is from what my builder told me anything higher with a half way aggresive tune needs race gas. on hot days i could hear my motor detnate some times

Tooloe said:
i know my stock heads were at 10.3 compression and thats pushing is from what my builder told me anything higher with a half way aggresive tune needs race gas. on hot days i could hear my motor detnate some times
Thats nice to know. I guess ill leave it where its at cosidering i dont race much

Yes, Strikers have a fast-burn combustion chamber and larger coolant passages so you can run more compression on the same octane pump gas than you could otherwise..

I've always used 94 Octane Pump gas but I also have tunes for 91 and 92.

10.5:1 works well...

As far as the maximum c.r. that can be run, that depends on SEVERAL things...

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Yes, Strikers have a fast-burn combustion chamber and larger coolant passages so you can run more compression on the same octane pump gas than you could otherwise..

I've always used 94 Octane Pump gas but I also have tunes for 91 and 92.

10.5:1 works well...

As far as the maximum c.r. that can be run, that depends on SEVERAL things...
What would be the best combustion for 93 octane on my truck. Would have to say you would know more about the srtiker

sim333 said:
What would be the best combustion for 93 octane on my truck. Would have to say you would know more about the srtiker

Looking at the power curves and peak numbers, I'd say you have a stock cam in there.
You really do need a good cam to take advantage of the deep breathing Striker heads.

Going from 9.6 to 10.5:1 will give you another 30+ wheel horsepower.
A matching cam, another 35....

That will get you in the high 500s and 600 TQ

Ronnie

Last edited:
hey ronnie do you think and off the self comp cam would gain him much at all? or not really even be worth the money vs a custom grind?

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
hey ronnie do you think and off the self comp cam would gain him much at all? or not really even be worth the money vs a custom grind?

Yes, the Strikers really need more than the o.e.m. cam can offer. So. unless it is quite radical, an off the shelf cam will help. There is no point
in sacrificing driveability with something too nuts though..

He can go more aggressive than I did because he has a stick and is 400 pounds lighter, but I'd still choose carefully.

The custom rollers we have closely match the Strikers mid-lift flow characteristics. By .400" lift, the Strikers are already passing the stockers. Makes for a W-I-D-E power band.

My cam is really pretty small and was ground for TQ on a 114 L.S.A.. 607 TQ is decent though, and a lot of fun !!

It would make a REALLY good nitrous cam :)

Ronnie

Last edited:
Ronnie after using the cam you have now would you recommend a different cam for a QC or the or the same?

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ronnie after using the cam you have now would you recommend a different cam for a QC or the or the same?

My cam is a one-off; .. just juggling duration numbers a bit and trying to optimize port flow. Rollers lend themselves well to playing around without getting into punishing valve spring pressures..
I really like it as it has a very wide power band.

And, sure, you could use one just like it. It all depends if YOU want more of a race truck or not.
Mine really isn't, we take it on long highway trips and such.
I'll be adding more power over the Winter though, now that I've torn it down (probably using the same cam)...
I WILL keep you posted as to how it all works out..:)

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
My cam is a one-off; not top secret or anything, just juggling duration numbers a bit and optimizing port flow. Rollers lend themselves well to playing around.

And, sure, you could use one just like it. It all depends if YOU want more of a race truck or not.
Mine really isn't, we take it on long highway trips and such.
I'll be adding more power over the Winter though, now that I've torn it down (probably using the same cam)...

Ronnie

And how much more Ron??:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D :D :D

I want mine to be very streetable and i also drive it on long trips (about 15 hours) from time to time.... I just want the most performance I can get with it being streetable...... And I like a nice lope!

Troy's QC SRT said:
I want mine to be very streetable and i also drive it on long trips (about 15 hours) from time to time.... I just want the most performance I can get with it being streetable...... And I like a nice lope!

Mine has a nice lope to it and the mileage is higher than it ever was stock so it is good for highway trips, etc.

rottenronnie said:
Mine has a nice lope to it and the mileage is higher than it ever was stock so it is good for highway trips, etc.

Ok thanks Ronnie.... I'll leave you alone about it now and wait till i'm ready to get it cause I'll have plenty of questions! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back