Thanks!!

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lowering blocks and steering wheel emblems arrived today. They are looking awesome!! Thanks Steve!! :rock: :rock: I can't install them both today because my truck is in the auto body shop today to fix the damage. When I get my truck back then i will install them!! All I need is a step to do list on how to install the lowering blocks and steering wheel emblem.

- Do I just pry the old ram emblem on steering wheel off or what? :dontknow:

- I was thinking all I need to do was just remove the old and install the new lowering blocks? :dontknow:

Yeah just be careful, I thought I was taking my time and being gentle and I tore one side up in the center of the steering wheel on the side of the emblem. It has me completely aggravated and I have a new center cover on order. Just be gentle ...:)

DRamSrt10 said:
The lowering blocks and steering wheel emblems arrived today. They are looking awesome!! Thanks Steve!! :rock: :rock: I can't install them both today because my truck is in the auto body shop today to fix the damage. When I get my truck back then i will install them!! All I need is a step to do list on how to install the lowering blocks and steering wheel emblem.

- Do I just pry the old ram emblem on steering wheel off or what? :dontknow:

- I was thinking all I need to do was just remove the old and install the new lowering blocks? :dontknow:

Yes, all you have to do is pry the old emblem off, peel the red cover off the two sided tape a press the new one on. Like Craig pointed out though, please be careful and don't tear your steering wheel up!!!

On the lowering blocks, you'll need a floor jack and jack stands. Jack the truck up by the frame untill the tires are off the ground, put the jack stands under the frame. Work on one side at a time, remove the u-bols, install the lowering blocks and new u-bolts then go do the other side. Tighten up to factory torque specs. Drive for 50-100 miles and check the torque again. YOu should recheck the torque periodically to make sure nothing comes loose.

Drink a beer, admire your work, then post some pictures...:D

Hey Steve, thanks for taking care of me and my parts, I understand crap happens, can't wait to see the wife with her new forehead decoration:rock:

Here is a picture of the lowering blocks and steering wheel emblems. I will post up the more pictures when I installed them.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    911.6 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back