The PACE Trucks -

Wifey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never paid much attention to the PACE Trucks. I've been looking for info on them and can't find much. Apparently there were the two official trucks with the automatics that were supposedly crushed and the 50 VCA trucks that were made

Was the Pace Truck actually used in a race? If so, what year? I can't find that info. I'm thinking they were actually used for official track business - whatever that is.

maybe they were in the craftsman series and not the Indy 500 race

Pardon my ignorance - I always thought they were actual pace trucks

Thanks!

Daytona race in February 2004(if I remember). They were not used for the cup race, they were used on Saturday for the Busch Series. Every truck was used at that race and the two were used as Pace Trucks during the race
Great info ,,, I remember they said the 50 took a run around the track , but other than that didn’t know anything more

Daytona race in February 2005 (if I remember). They were not used for the cup race, they were used on Truck Series. Every truck was used at that race and the two were used as Pace Trucks during the race

https://www.theautochannel.com/news/2004/02/05/179376.html
That’s a cool article .. I guess the older posts years ago were based on assumptions about poor aerodynamics according to the article and all the wind tunnel testing , HMMMM !

Yes , it’s a mopar lovers thing … it like seeing a Mustang and thinking what mile marker your on going down the highway

Last edited:
Skip Barbor drivers usually nail it! They were at the SRT Track Experience I attended -

free rides would have been fun at the craftsman series

now I know why I couldn't find them pacing an Indy 500 race! Thanks Jeffey :D

Skip Barbor drivers usually nail it! They were at the SRT Track Experience I attended -

free rides would have been fun at the craftsman series

now I know why I couldn't find them pacing an Indy 500 race! Thanks Jeffey :D
That would be fun ..

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back