Thinkin about lowering my truck..

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had seen some pics of some of your trucks that havebeen lowered, and was wondering if there is any advantage to lowering it alittle vs alot. I like the way the trucks with Boomer's :adore: kit look, but was wondering if there is any reason to go lower..or is it just a matterof personal taste?

Matt

:thrasher:

A lot of location (roads) prevent going any lower. You start scraping the tires on the inner fender lining.

The ride and handling do improve! (Ride gets stiffer)

-Red

I think Boomer told me that you hit the bump stops if you go lower .I am 1.5" in the front and 3" in back.I would like to go .5 -1" lower in the front.

Last edited:
Riff62 said:
I had seen some pics of some of your trucks that havebeen lowered, and was wondering if there is any advantage to lowering it alittle vs alot. I like the way the trucks with Boomer's :adore: kit look, but was wondering if there is any reason to go lower..or is it just a matterof personal taste?

Matt

:thrasher:

Hey Matt,

Low, lower or slammed is certainly a matter of personal taste. In case of the latter (slammed) I wouldn't be posting any pikkies unless you wish to suffer some pretty severe and obstreperous replies.

That being said, I'd like to recommend BOOMER's kit.... He has refined and improved it over time (perfectionist that he is) and it provides the optimum in good looks and proper geometry for the best handling characteristics.

I made the mistake of doing someone else's lowering kit and it totally dicked up the ride. It made the truck bounce around like Pamela Anderson on a trampoline. Sounds nice, but when yer in a high speed corner and hit a bump.... Well.... can you say, "Hello, Triple A....?....Yes, I need a wrecker..."

BOOMERS kit is the shit...... Here's how mine looks:

PS: It also handles great by comparision... Boomers is the best kit for handling that I've heard of here.

Happy Tails,

Silent D

Last edited:
Silent D said:
Hey Matt,

Low, lower or slammed is certainly a matter of personal taste. In case of the latter (slammed) I wouldn't be posting any pikkies unless you wish to suffer some pretty severe and obstreperous replies.

That being said, I'd like to recommend BOOMER's kit.... He has refined and improved it over time (perfectionist that he is) and it provides the optimum in good looks and proper geometry for the best handling characteristics.

I made the mistake of doing someone else's lowering kit and it totally dicked up the ride. It made the truck bounce around like Pamela Anderson on a trampoline. Sounds nice, but when yer in a high speed corner and hit a bump.... Well.... can you say, "Hello, Triple A....?....Yes, I need a wrecker..."

BOOMERS kit is the shit...... Here's how mine looks:

PS: It also handles great by comparision... Boomers is the best kit for handling that I've heard of here.

Happy Tails,

Silent D
THANKS BUB!
yeah, i dont recommend going any lower than what we have put together, as its the best synergy between looks and more importantly function!
please let us know how we can help!
thanks guys!

ROKTMAN said:
I think Boomer told me that you hit the bump atops if you go lower .I am 1.5" in the front and 3" in back.I would like to go .5 -1" lower in the front.

Dave, I'm with you on that....now what's the best way? Cut the springs? I'm at the highest setting in the rear, and would like to take advantage of the lower setting. But I need to be able to lower the front first.

I like the lowered look but for practicality....I could not go lower than 1.5 front and 2.5 rear via Boomer's kit....

My advice is to call Boom....tell him what your roads and driving style are like and let him set you up....

outnumbered said:
Dave, I'm with you on that....now what's the best way? Cut the springs? I'm at the highest setting in the rear, and would like to take advantage of the lower setting. But I need to be able to lower the front first.
I`m not a big fan of cutting springs and stuff.For me what I did makes it lower,looks even in front and back and corners on rails(for a BIG truck)

Nowwhat said:
I like the lowered look but for practicality....I could not go lower than 1.5 front and 2.5 rear via Boomer's kit....

My advice is to call Boom....tell him what your roads and driving style are like and let him set you up....

I agree 100%. I just installed one of Boomer's kit's and you will not want to go any lower.

Steve,

Got any pics? I can't bring myself to lowering the whole truck...I would just like to level the rear with the front but who knows I could change my mind...

greatone61 said:
Steve,

Got any pics? I can't bring myself to lowering the whole truck...I would just like to level the rear with the front but who knows I could change my mind...

That's what I did...... I lowered only the rear at first.....

It handled like a Conestoga (old covered) Wagon on a 30% grade..... Hitting even the slightest bump on a curve was sufficient to put your heart up into your throat.........

My advice is NOT to lower the rear only......

Or you might try burning $250 cash in an ash tray after a rousing game of Russian Roulette.........................It's about the same thing.:stupid:

SD:

Thanks for all your thoughts on this guys..I was planning on going with Boomer's kit, but just wasnt sure about going lower..Now I just have to convince my g/f that I REALLY need to do this..lol..
I can see it now..."But honey, All the guys in the club are doing it.."..POW...lol
(I hear her grumbling every month when she writes the truck payment check.."Son of a bitch..Just HAS to drive that damn truck..We need to do work to the house, but NOOOooo..He has to buy the truck"...lol

outnumbered said:

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO CUT THE SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a $50,000 truck. Do not try to save money on your modifications. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Pay a little more for Boomers kit and get a quality product.

Silverback said:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO CUT THE SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a $50,000 truck. Do not try to save money on your modifications. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Pay a little more for Boomers kit and get a quality product.

No, No, No...not trying to save money--I already have Boomers Kit!!! Trying to get a little (1/2") lower in the front and looking for ideas

Anyone know if it would be possible to take a rear set up like on a Viper and stick it under a RC? and would there be an advantage to doing this?..I mean, they have this setup on a Viper..why not a truck?

My truck is a tad lower than Boomers kit, the edge of my tire is even with the fenderwell. At highway speeds when I hit a bump or excuse me a dip in th road it will rub the inner fender in the front. So with Gary's kit you should be safe.
And outnumbered it you want another 1/2 in you could cut 1/4 round off the front without any implications i think. doing like I did was a tad more than a round and the springs are still falling, but I did it that way to see where I wanted the truck to sit, then get some springs. Silver is right, cutting too much of the spring is not the way to go, but it gives you an idea of where you want to be.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back