Thinkin about lowering my truck..

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I agree 100%. I just installed one of Boomer's kit's and you will not want to go any lower.

Well i have to say that although my truck looks and handles better than stock...I wish now that I had gone a little bit lower. The 1/2 drop is not exactly what I had in mind and should have done my homework on the kit before Blaine (SVTFREAK) and I purchased the kits.:(

Any takers out there...:confused: ...I might buy a different kit and put mine up for sale.

ron i have springs that are 1/2 lower, but with the quad cabs mass, it can start to "oscelate" and then the front tires could come in contact with the inner fender wells. i can send you a set of front springs that are 3/4" lower and then we can add spacers to get the front where you want it, keep in mind, then you truck is going for looks, not function. just let me know how i can help.

slow91 said:
Well i have to say that although my truck looks and handles better than stock...I wish now that I had gone a little bit lower. The 1/2 drop is not exactly what I had in mind and should have done my homework on the kit before Blaine (SVTFREAK) and I purchased the kits.:(

Any takers out there...:confused: ...I might buy a different kit and put mine up for sale.
if you want lower, it can be done, however, it will become dangerous at the speeds that these trucks can generate. i know at 125 mph, i dont want my tires hitting the fenders or bumpstops, that much mass will get airborne, and i really dont want to pilot a 5200lb brick. our kits are ENGINEERED for function, then form. i could do the kits just for looks, but you guys bought a 505hp truck to drive, slammed trucks are trailer queens, becuase they are not fun to drive. that just my .02.

BOOMER said:
ron i have springs that are 1/2 lower, but with the quad cabs mass, it can start to "oscelate" and then the front tires could come in contact with the inner fender wells. i can send you a set of front springs that are 3/4" lower and then we can add spacers to get the front where you want it, keep in mind, then you truck is going for looks, not function. just let me know how i can help.

That may be the ticket, but I'm going to think this through...thanks Boomer!!

Last edited:
With a 1x2" drop kit I did have some very minor rubbing on the top of the fender well front fender wells. Of course this was after driving 200 miles balls to the wall on a road course ;) Would also attribute some of it to picking up crap on hot tires.

For hard core driving I wouldn't want to go any lower with the suspension but get additional drop out of swapping out the rims and tires for some 18's or 20's.

This seemed to have worked for this guy, but I would not recommend it. ;) :p :D

Hey Boomer. Got any of these in you warehouse.:confused:

Silverback said:
This seemed to have worked for this guy, but I would not recommend it. ;) :p :D

Hey Boomer. Got any of these in you warehouse.:confused:

Silver!! Whered you get a pic of my ex wife???..:confused: :confused: :p

Riff62 said:
Silver!! Whered you get a pic of my ex wife???..:confused: :confused: :p

You my friend have my deepest symphethy. I don't now how to spell it, but I feel sorry for you.;) :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOMER said:

Gary,
Trying to get in touch with you....I want those springs.
Call me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back