This guy definitely loves to detail !

i have it still! Lol lol - collectors item :p

Last wheel and wheel well of the Dakota finally completed today ..
Now to the 10 dash cover completion,, still haven’t come up with anything to stick the felt strips on ,, yet ! Then hopefully onto the wing removal.

I couldn’t get the drop off the Dakota rear brake on either side yet to check the pads ..but Ho needs rear brakes .. I’ll just forget them and call it a poor man’s line lock hahaha

Progress!!
Absolutely,, damn I hate saying and hearing that word hahaha .. yes I’m back in the saddle again .
Only 2 things on the bigger side are the wing and the Dakota bed coating … of course the painting will be waiting for a while .. the expense is out of reach at this time .. but I may sneak in a few black primer spray cans to make the Dakota the same colors primer hahaha . Shhh don’t tell the neighbors!

Oh damn I forgot about the recirculating door ,, which I have hahaha ! And figuring out the short to get the radio working again .. it does work if I put the fuse in while I’m driving .. but have to disconnect during park time ..

Mums the word on the primer hahahaha

The las wheel and wheel well detail .. all new lug nuts now installed ..
The GX3 plastic restorer has held up from the engine , interior tires and wheel wells plus whatever else it got on inside the wheel wells … springs , shocks frame etc. Dust has not accumulated anywhere except what would be normally expected and not greasy at all . Walmart has it at $4.98 a can in the auto isle .
The Mechanic owner that did the clutch even mentions he was amazed at the dashboard and interior for a 2002 long time work truck that was never cleaned .. he had never heard of GX3 . He also sells cars which seem to be excellent shape vehicles based o his FB page ..IMG_0970.jpeg

I'm Soooo amazed at how clean it is!! I agree with the mechanic it's very very nice for a 22 year old workb truck!

Great job and good products

I'm Soooo amazed at how clean it is!! I agree with the mechanic it's very very nice for a 22 year old workb truck!

Great job and good products
Thanks .. I can’t believe the tire looks new when it’s been on for probably 8 years or so

Thanks .. I can’t believe the tire looks new when it’s been on for probably 8 years or so
Well it looks brand new! I'll try it if dirt doesn't stick to it. Armor all attracts dust can't use that

Last edited:
Well it looks brand new! I'll try it if first doesn't stick to it. Armor all attracts dust can't use that
Yes Armor all is also greasy from my experiences

Well I think I’m about to make the attempt to use scotch tape th hold the felt on the dash cover .. I’m going to fold the tape over and make it 2 side sticky and see if it will do the trick .ts thin enough and hopefully hold the rely on long enough to get the dash cover on .

I’m looking for a carpet type dash cover .. ve heard most either don’t fit good or don’t stay down very well .. anyone use one ?
Brat I remember you had one on your 10 . Is it a good one that held up all these years ? What make was it ?

I found this one searching .. it looks good , sounds good BIT IS IT GOOD ?
IMG_0878.png

This is the one I've always used - fits good doesn't fade no issues. I like the smoke color Best lol

Last edited:
It's a little pricier than the Amazon one :eek::)

That and a weathertech laser cut windshield cover and bye bye sun damage! Works in the desert anyways lol lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back